One day left

Started by TehBorken, Jun 28 07 05:48

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Stolen from BB because I support this.

I urge you to make a 2-minute call to say "Hell No!" to this (I already have). Speak up or get f*cked over. Your choice.

[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]
The Senate votes tomorrow on creating a national ID card, an internal passport that we will have to use to identify ourselves to the government at all times. Two amendments to the REAL ID bill will defuse it, but you have to contact your senator [em style="font-weight: bold;"]now[/em] to make them happen.

The US Senate is trying to force states to adopt a National ID card: it's time to stop them. As part the debate on immigration legislation, the states will be forced to become REAL ID compliant. States have strongly resisted this unfunded federal mandate – one that the Department of Homeland Security expects to cost more that $23 billion or almost $100 per license holder. Seventeen states have said 'no' to REAL ID – labeling it invasive, un-American, costly and an invitation to identity theft. They know it will force citizens to stand in long lines for licenses and endure numerous hassles looking for documents like birth certificates. [/p]Now instead of listening to the states, the US Senate is trying to force them to comply through the back door. As part of immigration legislation being considered next week in the Senate, an employment verification system will be created that requires everyone to have a REAL ID in order to get a job. [br clear="all"]  [/p]This link has information on contacting your senator and suggestions on what to say.  [a  href="http://unrealid.com/"]Link[/a]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

kitten

If Bush can do this, will Harper be far behind?  I wish all Americans good luck in defeating this ridiculous bill.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.