BC Vacation hot spots

Started by Sportsdude, Jun 19 07 04:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

holy cow if we built a bridge we'd get laughed at when it falls into the strait because the island moves.

thanks for the info guys. I also didn't make this thread just for me. Other people might like to have a BC vacation too sometime.
I'm doing the Okanagan winery thing when my parents come up, dad's a huge wine drinker.
Well definately do the 3 week trail thing, I mean come on, college students have nothing to do during the summers. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Schadenfreude

Look at what a bridge did for the potato farmers in the Maritimes.

[img id=img style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: black 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: black 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1px solid" alt="TinyPic image" src="http://i14.tinypic.com/4mklnc0.gif" border=0]
"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

P.C.

holy cow if we built a bridge we'd get laughed at when it falls into the strait because the island moves.

We?

I think laughing at (whoever 'we' are) would not be the reaction if a bridge fell down.

As much as the fare is a hit and an concert or event in Van is about a $500 bill (at least), I would not want to see a bridge here.  I would worry that it would take something away from the island life.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Schadenfreude

P.C. wrote:

We?

I think laughing at (whoever 'we' are) would not be the reaction if a bridge fell down.

As much as the fare is a hit and an concert or event in Van is about a $500 bill (at least), I would not want to see a bridge here.  I would worry that it would take something away from the island life.    Yeah, yeah, I was only joking. Careful you might start sounding like stretchedout.

"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

Sportsdude

we- canadians, bc'ers who would have most likely voted on the issue.
the people laughing- the world

P.C.

Yipes.

That's the cruelest thing you've ever said to me Schad. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c020.gif" border=0]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Schadenfreude wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Look at what a bridge did for the potato farmers in the Maritimes.[/div]  --
 So just think what a bridge can do for the potato farmers in Ladner!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Schadenfreude

P.C. wrote:
 Yipes.

That's the cruelest thing you've ever said to me Schad. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c020.gif" border=0]

[img id=img style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: black 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: black 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1px solid" alt="TinyPic image" src="http://i14.tinypic.com/4mklnc0.gif" border=0]

I'm just a happy drunk. [/DIV]

Sportsdude

why do they need a bridge? They've got the tunnel.  

kitten

A bridge between the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island.  The tunnel just takes you from New Westminster to Surrey.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

oh well, its not going to happen. Pt. Roberts has a better chance of leaving the US for Canada then a fix link to Van Isle.  

Devil

I think I would need to know what activities you want to do and what time of year.

BC has a ton of options. For good powder skiing and not a gong show like Whistler, try Red Mountain in the West Kootenays. The Coast Mountains kick ass! there is so much man!

Schadenfreude

P.C. wrote:
Yipes.

I'm sorry. [img title=mzmztgxnykdwjbmjozom.gif alt=mzmztgxnykdwjbmjozom.gif src="http://www.tinypic.ca/files/mzmztgxnykdwjbmjozom.gif"]

It was not funny.

purelife

Does anyone know how long is the drive to Kamloops?

Sports, you could also rent a car.  You could drive along the TransCanada Highway and it'll lead you to all sorts of wonderful vacation spots like Harrison Hot Springs, the National Parks, Banff, Kelowna, Calgary, etc.

Whistler-Blackcomb, yep, you are going to need tons of money if you're planning to ski and/or go tubing.  

You could always hike the Chief up in Squamish if you want a better challenge than what Grouse Grind offers.      

Lise

Love that Gandalf gif! Big fan of LOTR so you get a bless point from me.

I nominate Tofino. What else. Great spot, truly one of BC's hidden treasure. It's not as touristy as say, Whistler, though it's getting there. Very quaint. Problem is getting there if you haven't got a car.

Whistler. Whistler... hmmm... I'm not sure what to make of this. On one hand, it's truly beautiful. Awesome in winter (more so) and in summer. Prices are ridiculous considering what we paid for hotel accommodations like one year ago. It just keeps going up and up. Try it once if you haven't been there but I'm not sure if I would go back there year after year after year.

Victoria. Wonderful city. There's so much beauty there and the folks are so nice. Seriously. It's not like in Vancouver where it's rush, rush, rush. People are more laid-back for some reason. It's a nice pace. You can always go visit Seattle or Las Angelas from the port there. Definite must-see.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

|