BC Vacation hot spots

Started by Sportsdude, Jun 19 07 04:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Where's the really cool places to visit. I need some places to explore. lol
Right now I've got Whistler, Tofino, Okanagan Valley.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

If you're going to Whistler.....bring lots of money.

You'll find so many places to explore within a couple hours of where you'll be living.  Are you driving here.....as in bringing your vehicle?  It's not the best situation to be in here without one.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I don't know yet. Should I? Thinking the whole metric thing might mess me up.  

P.C.

Very small learning curve on going metric.  

I've been without a vehicle here, and I never want to be in that position ever again.  If you don't plan on leaving Nanaimo, you'll be fine.  But with everything spread out just far enough to not be walkable......public transportation is minimal in meeting this issue.  

If it were me ?  I would definitely bring my wheels.

Sportsdude

I'm starting to see your point. I wouldn't need the car for in Nanaimo stuff but if I wanted to go camping or something I'd have to get a ride. Plus I like to wander the countryside er mountain side. hmmmm
I looked on the list of cars Canada accepts I can bring my car, sweet.
hmmm

Lil Me

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Schadenfreude

Spuzzum?

The ferry over to the mainland is very expensive, in my eyes, especially if you're driving, but if you're looking for an interior place, New Denver, Nakusp, Kaslo.

I am not familiar with BC and even less with the Island though the Island is a place where I'd love to check out if I had the time.

Tofino on the west coast of the Island.

The West Coast Trail if you have 3 weeks to hike the shoreline.
"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

Lil Me

SD- if you're only using the car for vacations, it might be cheaper and easier to take Greyhound.

I like the Kootenays.  Bit of a drive, but it feels like a world away.  Small towns (very friendly!), natural hot springs, great camping.  You'd like it, cuz there are German people there! Kimberly is a Bavarian-style town, New Denver is a former WWII Japanese Internment camp, Nelson, Fernie, Cranbrook, nice lake in Invermere...

[a href="http://www.kootenays-bc.com/"]http://www.kootenays-bc.com/[/a]

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

Schady- great minds think alike!

SD- the ferry only costs about $7 without the car.  So travel isn't too bad if you take the Greyhound.

Lil Me

Besides, didn't you say the car was going to be your sister's next year?  

Schadenfreude

Lil Me wrote:
Schady- great minds think alike!

SD- the ferry only costs about $7 without the car.  So travel isn't too bad if you take the Greyhound.

My mind gets better after two high octane beers. Woohoo. Try to keep up.

$7 for what? A student? I just checked. Students under 18 get a discount. SDude I think said he was older than 18, therefore $11.95, one way. To me that is too costly for what you get, but the CEOs need their bonuses.

"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

Lil Me

I'm sharpest after a couple espresso.

P.C.

Ferry fares with a vehicle are so beyond ridiculous.  I think Island residents should get some kind of break after we've lived here for 5 years.  It is a part of the highway that connects us with the rest of our province.

Schadenfreude

[FONT size=6]Let's start a petition to build a bridge! [/FONT]

It's only 25 - 30 km to Nanimo.

P.C.

[FONT size=7]NO !  Let's NOT ![/FONT]  

|