Political discussions

Started by kitten, Jun 03 07 05:17

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

Not necessarily.  Remember, the Canadian troops are separate from the American troops and stationed in different areas.  Smugglers from that part of the world have learned to be very clever.  How many Americans have come back from war totally addicted to drugs?  You think it won't be the same for the Canadians?  And once they are addicted don't you think they would do almost anything to keep their drugs coming?  
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

purelife wrote: If we were strictly discussing politics, then I have absolutely nothing to add!

Me too.  Discussing politics makes my eyes glaze over and my frontal lobe goes numb.  

NOT that there's anything wrong with it.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

true, I just don't see that as a possible scenario. But it just doesn't make logical business sense. South America is where most of the drugs that Americans consume come from. Europe though, that's where Afghanistan's crops are going.  

Ah no worries P.C.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

you do vote though P.C., right?  

kitten

I don't think there are very many topics that haven't wandered away and become completely different.  I just didn't think the lunch thread was the place to have political discussions.  It tends to spoil the appetite!    

Sportsdude

considering most of this thread is about vancouver population growth, lol its not really politics.  

kitten

But politics tend to sneak into the strangest places.  At least this will give it a place to go.

Sportsdude

true. I have been on occasion to hijack the lunch thread. ;)  

kitten

And the "Caution: Twins" thread.

Sportsdude

lol for sure. I think I hijacked that one too.

There's only so many times you can talk about a spammer.

kitten

That is when I think there must be a better place to post, and let the caution stand as it is.  Isn't that why we post new topics?

Sportsdude

true. never really thought about that. Whenever I try to make a new thread nobody really goes to it. So I sorta stopped.

kitten

Make the title topic sexy.  That will grab them.  LOL!!

P.C.

I think it was an excellent idea to set up this thread !
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

lol. A mod at the hockey board I go to always edits my thread titles saying they're misleading when I just take the title of the article and post it up as the thread title.

goofy kid from Columbus Ohio, usually the swedes, europeans and two canadians living in south korea and japan come to aid when he does that on the site. lol

talk about mod censorship.
I think he does it because he just doesn't like my political views, he's a right wing social conservative and my 2 years on that site we've never agreed on anything. lol  He always seems like he targets me and stuff. He only edits my threads, my responses and so on. very odd

|