Political discussions

Started by kitten, Jun 03 07 05:17

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

Don't think so.  Do you have a link?  I lived through quite a bit of the before.  I'm constantly amazed by the downtown changes from twenty years ago.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

Its really really really cool!
It works with IE though so if you have firefox you don't get the cool special effects.

[a href="http://www.city.vancouver.bc.ca/COMMSVCS/fade/fadepanorama.htm"]http://www.city.vancouver.bc.ca/COMMSVCS/fade/fadepanorama.htm[/a]

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

[span style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"] P.C. wrote:[/span][br style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"][span style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"]Strange.....I used to live in New West.  I've never heard of South Westminster.  Is it new?[/span]     [img style="cursor: pointer;" onclick="url(this.src);" src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif[/img]
 [hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]Me too...never heard of it either.

I don't normally click on polictical threads but since this one was started by Ms Kitten, I knew that it was a fun one. ;)

If we were strictly discussing politics, then I have absolutely nothing to add!

Sportsdude

well this thread has morphed into vancouver urban projects, pl. lol  

kitten

What a fabulous site!  Thanks for posting the link.  

Sportsdude

I knew you'd like it. It's actually the site that changed my career paths. That's all urban planning.  

kitten

To know you have had a hand in changing something from ugly to beautiful would be a wonderful feeling.

Sportsdude

yup that's why I changed my focus. Heck vancouver is now a building philosphy 'vancouverism'.  

kitten

I read elsewhere that other cities are looking toVancouver for inspiration in urban planning.  Good choice of careers.

Sportsdude

Any city that has limited space uses Vancouver as their model now.  The city planners in Vancouver realized in the 70's that the only way for Vancouver to grow was to grow up and not use sprawl.  

kitten

Naturally when the terrain makes it impossible to grow outwards, the only direction is up.

Sportsdude

I'm going to guess by 2020 Surrey will look a lot like Downtown Vancouver.  

Sportsdude

And pretty much everything inbetween Royal Ave and the water front in New Westminster will go the same way.  

kitten

It will likely be a megacity along the lines of Toronto.

Sportsdude

That's what it looks like is going to happen. A Vancouver-New West-Surrey mega corridor.  

|