Japan to open first nursing home for dogs

Started by Sportsdude, Jun 15 07 12:16

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

While i agree with you about dogs going into a depressed state with seperation, in the nursing home it is only temporary. I'm sure the owner can visit anytime he/she wants to. If i was to put my dog in that home , i would visit everyday and spend hours on end with a smile on my face as i watched my baby swim and play with his/her friends, something that i couldn't provide when we lived in a apartment.

Fair nuff ripper.  Of course there is always more than one way of looking at things.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/c020.gif" border=0]

I just can't help but think that if my pet were still able to swim and play, I don't know where the need to send it away even becomes an issue.  If living in an apartment is good enough for them when they are young, healthy and vital.....I don't know how it then becomes an unsuitable environment when they are old.[/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

animals adapt to their environments just like humans do. For example you can't take a farm cat that was able to roam for miles at its own will and then immediately put it in an apartment and make it never leave the house/condo. It just doesn't work.
Like boxers in the city. They don't work, they need room to run or they'll get really fat.
From the picture and from seeing watching things on Japanese culture. I don't see girls walking labs down the streets of Tokyo. They like hand bag dogs. Those dogs aren't the most active. They're for show.
I could see something like this work for the big dogs but for the little dogs it seems excessive.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

ripper

P.C. wrote:
    Fair nuff ripper.  Of course there is always more than one way of looking at things.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/c020.gif" border=0]

I just can't help but think that if my pet were still able to swim and play, I don't know where the need to send it away even becomes an issue.  If living in an apartment is good enough for them when they are young, healthy and vital.....I don't know how it then becomes an unsuitable environment when they are old.[/DIV][/DIV]
 While i agree with everything that you are saying, it is an unfortunate fact that it applies only to the owner who is capable of  looking out for their pets best interest. Too often i have read about old and infirmed owners of pets who were no longer able to look after their pets never mind themselves.

P.C.

Too often i have read about old and infirmed owners of pets who were no longer able to look after their pets never mind themselves.

Excellent point I had totally overlooked.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

stretchedout

C'mon, the city is sleeping!