Things you have won

Started by purelife, May 31 07 09:07

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

Hubby won a trip to Nice for the Formula One, Grand Prix of Monaco.  Three weeks, all expenses paid in 5 star hotels, no less.  He had the best time EVER !!!
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

cool!
did you go?

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

No.....actually, it was within a week or two after his return, that I met him.   AND...I met him because of his trip there.  I overheard his conversation about his experiences there, and they were so upbeat and positive....on the cusps of my sister having returning from basically the same trip, who had nothing good to say about anything.

I liked his outlook on things......and, well....the rest is history.

Sportsdude

woah cool! When did he go on his trip?  

P.C.

It was '91.  He still talks about it with such enthusiasm.

Sportsdude

Probably because he got to see Senna before he died.  

P.C.

Welllll.....maybe so.  I wasn't captured by his blow by blow of the race itself.  It was his perspective on the graciousness of the people.  Wherever they went......they had a great time.  He had a clear understanding that he was the 'guest' in their country.  He knew it was HIS responsibility to be understood.....not THEIR responsibility to understand HIM.  My sister had a dreadful time, because she was 'put out' that they 'didn't make an effort' to understand HER.

Sportsdude

lol about your sister. The french are like that but their rude stereotype is a little unjust in my opinion. They just have a lot of pride.  

gordy gambino stfu

The French are rude arrogant asswipes. Wouldnt recommend anyone go there.

P.C.

Well, I've always believed that for the most part, you get back what you give.....and that was what stood out to me about him, and what kind of guy he was.  That was not his experience at all.  He took an extra 3 weeks while he was over there and toured several countries.  He found people to be friendly and helpful wherever he went.  

kitten

I've been to a couple of countries and was treated with kindness and politeness wherever I went.  You do get the sort of treament you give.  I wouldn't feel obliged to treat someone nicely if they kept insulting me and making demands.  So why should they?
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

purelife

P.C. wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]No.....actually, it was within a week or two after his return, that I met him.   AND...I met him because of his trip there.  [span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 128);"]I overheard his conversation about his experiences there, and they were so upbeat and positive....[/span]on the cusps of my sister having returning from basically the same trip, who had nothing good to say about anything.[/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] [span style="font-style: italic; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 128);"]I liked his outlook on things......and, well....the rest is history.[/span]
 [hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]Awwwww....that is just the sweetest!  You definitely have a keeper! :)))

kitten

Talk about winning!  That's the biggest win of all.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

purelife

Exactly.  I totally agree with you kitten!  What an excellent win-win situation.    

Sportsdude

|