Taking Action

Started by wonderer, May 29 07 07:50

Previous topic - Next topic

wonderer

Talk about an energizing day.
 It started with a visit to the Family Employment Services office at 9 AM, to which I got the sense, to no surprise that they were\'nt too enthusiastic about my inquiry re: funding for re-training. I remember encountering the same kind of vibes when I tried last time in Nanny. I asked then, as I do NOW, if they make such a program available, WHY do they make accessing it near impossible? I appreciate that they may need to weed-out the Scammers & find out just who is really serious about making such a commitment, but in my humble opinion, I think they overdo it, to the point where the hoops they ask you to jump through are enough to turn-off even the most dedicated person.
    I have to admit, that because I was deterred in Nanaimo, I have some serious doubts about my ability to succeed this time.
 However, here is a golden opportunity to not only recover from that previous failure, but to genuinely turn my life around. And THIS time, I have some allies in my corner, especially Pat.
 It was Pat who put me up to it this time, & unlike the self-serving, scamming motivation fed to me by Dave & Doug, in Nanaimo - THIS time, Pat has my genuine best interests at heart. I felt that from the start. Pat confided to me today, that she has made a project of me as part5 of her course cirriculum. While I was initially taken aback, I quickly realized that she wouldn\'t have chosen me if she didn\'t see such potential in me & I was flattered & further motivated. I really had a rewarding day, as I was able to disclose ALOT of things to her, things I haven\'t even told my shrink. For the FIRST time I actually felt I was genuinely interracting with someone about getting my life straightened out. I wasn\'t just talking to a brick wall & she offered me some valuable feedback & advice & it all made perfect sense to me. By the time I left the club at 3, I was emotionally drained & I knew I had had a good day. She even helped me set up a series of goals for the week to help me in my quest to access funding.
 Things are really turning around for me now. I see possibilities now, that never existed before & I have started the process already, & the more I continue that process, the more it perpetuates itself into action.
    If I end up doing alot of entries here in the next few weeks, then I\'ll know I\'m doing good.