Dad hospitalized, yet again

Started by wanderer, May 29 07 06:26

Previous topic - Next topic

wanderer

[table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"][tbody][tr][td class="bg"][table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%"][tbody][tr][td class="lightbg"] So I get home from Church group this evening, after a very rewarding session, which I even received a free bible, ready to cap off what - up to then had been a very successful day, when I check my messages & find I have (3). When I have that many messages, & it's undoubtedly from only 1 person (My mother in this case) - it's never a good thing. Instantly I feel my tension rise in anticipation of the bad news, expecting to hear my father had died of a heart attack. Not quite. In his continuing defiance of his body's physical deterrioration, Dee continues to push himself well past his limits, I heard he took the bus, by himself all the way out to Horshoebay the other day, but that when he got back home, he was exhausted. Well, I get a message on my phone now from my Mother saying that he has apparently fallen out of bed now & broken his hip.
 Well, what the f*ck can I do about it? Seriously. I am so sorry, but I just simply can't afford to invest any further emotion into my stubborn father, who is just such a f*cking LIFE-HOG, who just doesn't get it, that he should pack it in. I know full well I'll live to regret just saying that, especially if he dies overnight, but I seriously & genuinely have cut him out of my life. Yes, I'm a shallow, cold - unfeeling Bastard of a son monster for abandoning my own father like this, but as I've said many times before. It's HIS life or MINE. I either continue to let him drag me down & get NOWHERE in my OWN life, while he sucks the very life & energy out of me, in order to prolong his life by maybe a week - OR - I make a stand, like I'm doing & say: enough is ENOUGH! I won't let you do this to me anymore dad. I am truly, truly deeply sorry that you suffer from all these ailments & setbacks & I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, but your situation is so damn HOPELESS, that it is utter insanity for me to invest any time, or feeling into it. Truly. I know I'll burn in Hell for this & deservedly so, but I'm taking the only course of action I can take in order to survive. I'm sorry, but I'm NOT a big enough man to make the supreme sacrifice of my life for yours. From what I just heard in my Church gruop tonight, there was only ONE being on earth, who was up to that task.[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td class="lightbg"]
[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table]

Schadenfreude

I have no idea why people like you turn to the church for support.

How about this: What goes around, comes around.

Let me interpret that since you fail to understand any sermons.

When you are old, you too will become frail. To ward off the "dying of the light", [A href="http://www.bigeye.com/donotgo.htm"]http://www.bigeye.com/donotgo.htm[/A], you will want to stay active. There will be no one around. You'll fall, no one will care. If you are mature enough that you will have children, they will be saying, "Just die old man".

Read that Dylan Thomas poem. Going to church does not make you a good person, doing good things makes you a good person. You do not even have the guts to log in and use your name.

Here's another: You reap what you sow.  
"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

Ummm

wanderer wrote:
[table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"][tbody][tr][td class="bg"][table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%"][tbody][tr][td class="lightbg"]From what I just heard in my Church gruop tonight, there was only ONE being on earth, who was up to that task.[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/td][/tr][tr][td class="lightbg"]
[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table]Was it Chuck Norris?

Queer Eye

[FONT color=#ff00ff]Your old man seems like he's living on borrowed time.  Let's hope he figures it out before it's too late![/FONT]

[A href="http://daverising.com/"]http://daverising.com/[/A]  

weird al

wanderer, it sounds like you're trying very hard not to care, and not quite succeeding. Mixed feelings maybe. Sometimes a parent and offspring may be estranged but, unbeknownst to themselves, still bonded.

If you can't help the old dude, fine, but hopefully you won't express yourself too harshly toward him in person.