Fixing Toilet Question

Started by Lise, May 24 07 08:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Aha...... *embarassed sigh*

Right. My toilet seats anchors are rusty (and disgusting) and I'm having a lot of trouble trying to get them to come out but nothing seems to work. I noticed the newer ones have plastic screws so I'm stumped as to why my stupid toilet seat anchors are not plastic.

So they're rusted. I cannot get a grip on them. The more I turn the stupid anchors (gee, did I say how stupid they were????) the more the turn in little merry turns and go no where.

I have managed to fix one toilet no problems. It's the one with the least amount of rust on it but I have two more that seem to be laughing at my pathetic attempts to un-do them. Cursing and swearing have no effect to this date.

Is there something I can use to fix this problem so the anchor screws (or whatever you call them) come out easily?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

49er

cut the bolt at between the porcelain and the seat.  Easy if you have a sawzall but if not use a hacksaw blade

P.C.

Hey Lise....you can try a little penetrating oil, or you may end up having to use a hacksaw.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Schadenfreude

Lise wrote:
Aha...... *embarassed sigh*

Right. My toilet seats anchors are rusty (and disgusting) and I'm having a lot of trouble trying to get them to come out but nothing seems to work. I noticed the newer ones have plastic screws so I'm stumped as to why my stupid toilet seat anchors are not plastic.

So they're rusted. I cannot get a grip on them. The more I turn the stupid anchors (gee, did I say how stupid they were????) the more the turn in little merry turns and go no where.

I have managed to fix one toilet no problems. It's the one with the least amount of rust on it but I have two more that seem to be laughing at my pathetic attempts to un-do them. Cursing and swearing have no effect to this date.

Is there something I can use to fix this problem so the anchor screws (or whatever you call them) come out easily?

[FONT color=#0000bf]I don't understand how cursing and swearing has had no effect?[/FONT]

[FONT color=#0000bf]Try using fouler language.[/FONT]

[FONT color=#0000bf]I like using "You @#$%ing  $#&*.[/FONT]

"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

49er

I assumed you are holding the bolt in place at the top with a screw driver while trying to turn the nut at the bottom.......

Schadenfreude

The anchors are just being stubborn after you called them stupid.

Apologise, perhaps kiss and make up, and let them know exactly how annoyed and pissed off you are.  
"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

Lise

Hacksaw blade? I never really thought about that. Hm. Thanks for that tip, 49er. I'll go to HD and try to find one. Hopefully I''ll be able to saw it off completely. It's a tight fit in there, I'm not sure how to get myself around the corners....

Penetrating oil? There's such a thing? Do you know what it's called PC?

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lise

Schadenfreude wrote:
The anchors are just being stubborn after you called them stupid.

Apologise, perhaps kiss and make up, and let them know exactly how annoyed and pissed off you are.

NEVER!!! I'll throw a grenade down the loo before I do that!!!
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Qui. New toilet seats. I thought it'd be an easy no problemo job doing that. After all the horrendous odd jobs at home, I thought this would be easy to install.

Life is not fair sometimes.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

they should come with new bolts and things.
Or is it that you can't get the old one off?

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

49er

Lise wrote:

WD-40[/DIV]

Lil Me

Lise wrote:
 --

KY?
  [div]
 [/div]

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Lise WD40 is very good.....there is also stuff called Liquid Wrench.  

How is it going?.....any luck?

P.C.

lol....Hi Lil Me......just popped in at the right time for a change.

KY should do the trick......hahahaaaa.