So, whats new?

Started by greycat, May 13 07 09:50

Previous topic - Next topic

greycat

How many years of study is that? Every city has bad planning, especially when it comes to skytrains, LRTs, C-Trains....why is that?  
It is what it is.

Sportsdude

cost cutting mostly.
The BBC interviewed Campbell and he had no answer to just adding 1 car to each train, making it 3 cars per train. Lines would virtually disappear if all they did was add a car to each  train.

Like for instance the Evergreen Line to Coquitlam was orginally going to be skytrain. But since Translink didn't want to 'cannablize' West Coast Express riders, they decided to go with a much 'slower' form of transportation. lol

Then going half way to UBC is a joke. I can just see the mess that's going to cause. Kits folks wouldn't want it raised of course, they'd want it cut and cover like the Cambie residents. Therefore price would go up. But the governments fail to understand that it will be cheaper now, then it will be 20 years from now.

Then the Federal government has no national wide public transportation plan at all. Before Harper all of a sudden went 'green'. Baird and his group cancelled the 1 billion dollar LRT project for Ottawa. That the city hall and provincial government had approve. lol

Victoria needs an LRT. It would easily fix their transportation headaches.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

Geography- 4 years
Then a Masters in Urban Planning.

greycat

Well, i know nothing about urban planning...all i know is that this city is impossibly ridiculous to get around in, but thats traffic related, bridge related, road related. And transit, well, you know all about that. I have two words: turning greens (as in lights)...look into it. lol  
It is what it is.

Sportsdude

I think I just hit the jackpot, the main professor puts all his lectures on the net. lol  

greycat

Bonus! Well good luck, sounds like you have quite the road ahead of you (no pun intended...well, maybe)!  
It is what it is.

Sportsdude

well one of Campbell's response to not increasing in public transportation funding is that he says "Vancouverites what a massive transportation scale on par with a big city and that is just not reasonable due to population size." The problem with that logic is that the Lower Mainland acts like one giant city. So saying that dense public transportation would not work in an area like the Lower Mainland is laughable.

Sportsdude

yup the prof puts everything on the net apparently. And its all in power point! sweet.