Personal Possessions

Started by Gopher, May 10 07 01:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher

Which of your possessions do you treasure most of all? It doesn't need to have any monetary value.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lil Me

Good question, Gophie!  So hard to mentally separate things we "treasure" from everyday objects we have become reliant upon (wristwatch, internet, cellphone, etc.)

Apart from special people in my life (which are not posessions), I really don't treasure "stuff".  It's all just stuff and all mine is very utilitarian and replacable.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

Having said all that, I do like my night mouth guard (to protect teeth during grinding whilst asleep), glasses (extremely lightweight- titanium frames with high index Nikon lenses- no mean feat with my high degree of correction), and othopedic water-filled pillow.    
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

I treasure the few bits of things that belonged to my mom and dad.  Even something as simple as a dreadfully ugly old tablecloth that I never use, but can't seem to part with.  Old family photos and such are also among my favourite treasures.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

Mine are very similar to those of PC, i.e. things that belonged to my parents and grandparents, old family photographs AND a  peculiarly shaped stone I found in a river when I was about 10.

Lil Me

You must have a very impressive hat collection somewhere, Gophie.  

Gopher

You must have a very large freezer for all your poutine, Lil Me.

P.C.

AND a  peculiarly shaped stone I found in a river when I was about 10.

That's amazing Gophie.  I have a piece of wood that I found when I was a kid.  It's smooth ......part of a knot, I guess.  I could almost wear it as a ring.  I still have it.  Even in light of my recent purge, I came across it once again and still kept it......lol  

Lil Me

Gopher wrote:
You must have a very large freezer for all your poutine, Lil Me.--
 LOL.  It's hard to contain all the poutine, sometimes.

Gopher

I know, I can sense it pouring out of you everytime you make an appearance.

P.C.

tenkani

Who has the guts to be the first to say "my computer"?
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

P.C.

lol, tenkani.    [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a025.gif" border=0]

Russ

Starfish Scientist

Truck
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Oh sure....you put a ring on our finger and the next think ya know we're your personal possession. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]