Removing or deleting posts.

Started by P.C., Feb 07 06 11:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

I know how to remove but I don't know how to delete. And where's this karma function the adm is talking about?

Well....I'm still wondering whether or not to turn Karma on.

If enough people want to try it out, I'll enable it. If it's not being used or no one wants it we can always turn it back off.
I don't live on the edge, but sometimes I go there to visit.

kitten

You've got it..........use it.  The results would be very interesting, don't you think?
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

Admin, I hope you didn't take my comments as criticism. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/frech/d025.gif" border=0]  I sure don't mean it to sound that way.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Admin

Admin, I hope you didn't take my comments as criticism. [img style="cursor: pointer; font-style: italic;" onclick="url(this.src);" src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/frech/d025.gif[/img]  I sure don't mean it to sound that way.

No problem, I didn't take it that way.

Future Canadian

I'm intrigued with this karma device of which you speak. Sounds like interesting anti-troll spray.
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Sportsdude

so did admin. start up the karma?
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Admin

so did admin. start up the karma?

Tell ya what- I'll turn this on tonight or first thing tomorrow and let everyone play with it for a bit. After you all have had a chance to see what it's all about we;ll decidfe if we want it on or off. Sound like a plan?

Also, I'm going to be out much of the day tomorrow carting my friend back and forth to the hospital so I won't be around to see how it goes, but message me and I'll check in once I get back.

tenkani

Ah, well send your friend our best wishes.[/DIV]Hope he recovers quickly!
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Admin

Okay, the "+/-" type of Karma is enabled. You may "applaud" a poster or "smite" a poster depending on what you feel is appropriate. (The applaud/smite links appear under their avatar.)

There's another setting for Karma that just shows a simple "Karma total", but I think the "+/-" type is better.

Now, go out and smite someone, lol. :)

Future Canadian

Tenkani (for quality posts) and Admin (for a rockin message board and all your hard work), I appluad thee.
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

tenkani

Sweeeeeeet. [FONT color=#c00000]THE POWER!!!   [/FONT]  

Future Canadian

Admin

Sweeeeeeet. [font color="#c00000"]THE POWER!!!   [/font]  

LOL!

The only thing that I see that could be tweaked is to change the word "applaud" to something else. I kind of like "bless", but only because it goes along with the biblical tone of  'smite'.

Whaddya think? (alternate suggestions welcome)

tenkani

I just checked my thesaurus...[/DIV]Nope, I can't find anything cooler than "bless"!

Sportsdude

oh I see how the karma thing works now.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

|