Teh SECRET Number

Started by TehBorken, May 01 07 03:11

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[font style="font-weight: bold;" size="4"][span style="" bold;=""]"Spread this number....."[/span][/font]
[/p][code style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 255, 0); background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" bold;="" color:="" rgb(255,="" 255,="" background-color:="" rgb(0,="" 0,="" 0);=""]09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0[/code][span style="" rgb(255,="" 255,="" background-color:="" rgb(0,="" 0,="" 0);=""][/span]
[/p]Wanna know what's so important about it?[/p] The movie industry is threatening [a href="http://rudd-o.com/archives/2007/04/30/spread-this-number/"]Spooky Action At A Distance[/a] for publishing that number, specifically with copyright infringement. I had no idea a number could be copyrighted.[/p] Anyhow, what is it?  From the site:[/p] [blockquote][span style="font-weight: bold;" bold;=""]It's the HD-DVD Processing Key for most movies released so far.[/span] I was not aware that a string of numbers and letters was copyrightable. Perhaps its just my ignorance but it seems that someone is abusing the DMCA again.[/blockquote] This means the (admittedly long) number is precisely the key you need in order to decrypt and watch HD-DVD movies in Linux (oh, okay, maybe software is also required). And the fact that it's out there, spreading like wildfire, is [span style="font-weight: bold;" bold;=""]killing [/span]the corporate types at the movie studios right now.[/p]    
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.