HELP! Calling all Halfies

Started by Lil Me, Apr 25 07 10:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

My cousin requires bone marrow (see below):
 [hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]
 [font][font color="#ff0000" face="Arial" size="2"]Bone Marrow is needed for a Bone  Marrow Transplant ASAP for 22-year-old James Lee Erlandsen.  [/font][/font][/div]  [div][font] [/font][/div]  [div][font][font color="#ff0000" face="Arial" size="2"]James was attending SFU and had  nearly completed his degree in Geography when out of the blue, on February 1st,  2007, he was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia .  He is part Chinese  and Caucasian, and has no siblings.  His bone marrow is rare, and he needs as  many registrants as possible to find a potential match.  The best chances for a  match would be from Eurasian donors.  [/font][/font][/div]  [div][font] [/font][/div]  [div][font][font color="#ff0000" face="Arial" size="2"]Please register online at blood.ca  and you will be contacted by Canadian Blood Services.[/font][/font][/div]  [div][font] [/font][/div]  [div][font][font color="#ff0000" face="Arial" size="2"]Here is the link to register with the  Bone Marrow Donor Registry:[/font][/font][/div]  [div][font][font face="Arial" size="2"][a href="https://www.blood.ca/registry"]https://www.blood.ca/registry[/a][a href="http://www.blood.ca/registry"]
 [/a][/font][/font]  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sawdust

Good luck in the search!

Even if you don't fit this particular description, register anyway. It is a simple thing that you can do to give someone a fighting chance at life. It's always tough to find a match so the more people registered the better. Your part in it is simple and the effects of your actions can be life altering for someone. Act now to potentialy save a life.Wow what a thought.
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Best wishes for James Lee, Lil Me.

Halfies OR Wholies........please look into being a donor.  Hubby's done it, and I don't know why I haven't.  Thanks for the reminder !

[FONT face=Arial color=#ff0000 size=2][/FONT]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

can non-canadians sign up?  

Lil Me

Contact the American Red Cross and join their registry. It will link to the international data base.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Lise

Best wishes for your cousin. I hope they find a bone marrow replacement soon.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Thanks to everyone who has responded here or passed the message along to a potential donor.  The posters have been printed and will hit the streets this week.  And, I've talked to a very wonderful guy who has a ton of personal hapa contacts- some are media personalities.

My mom is working on a press release for the media, as well.  Interestingly enough, Canadian Blood Services advised that media campaigns tend to bring in older female Caucasian donors.  But who knows?

P.C.

Keep spreading the word.  It's important for people to realize, that they can tested and in the system for the ready should the need arise.  I think it's sad, that 'we' have to go LOOKING for people when the situation becomes dire.  The procedure to register is only a blood test. (actual donation procedure is a little more involved, but pretty minimal when you consider a life is being saved)

Again....good luck to your family Lil Me.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

I'm sorry to hear of the need for bone marrow donations, Lil Me.  I registered quite some time ago, but haven't been called yet.  Good luck on the search, and on his full recovery.  It is well worth the time to donate when it can save a life.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Lil Me

It's being circulated through office, church and organizational email trees.  Channel M is picking up the story.  

Sportsdude

Lil Me

it's a secret for people who live in Vancouver!  

Sportsdude

well let me in on it. ;)