Garage Sale Tips ???

Started by P.C., Apr 21 07 05:45

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Does it hail at all?  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

When there's hail the size of golfballs, P.C. swats them with a 7 iron before they hit the windshield.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

do you get hail in the Pacific Northwest? How about Tornadoes?  

P.C.

On occasion.  There are areas in our yard, that barely get wet during a rain, for the dense tree covering.  Hubby is still driving my old truck that I got new in 96.  It's never known the comfort of a nice warm garage, and still sparkles when it's washed.

The biggest nuisance is pine needles and the odd dollop of pitch.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

That's right Lil Me.....cheaper than the driving range....and darn good practise.

Sportsdude

that's good to know about the hail/tornado stuff. Bleh hate when those things come through here, I end up wandering the streets during them and clearing the roads. lol

Anyway so how much stuff do plan on selling off in the huge outdoor sale since you don't have a garage.

P.C.

A ton.

We're joining up with our neighbours....so we're doing it at their house.  They don't have a garage either, so we're crossing our fingers for some good weather.

Sportsdude

kitten

I don't know if you've had your sale yet, but if you haven't here's a very important tip.  Make sure you have plenty of change on hand before you start.  Believe me, you'll need it.  People will give you a $20.00 bill to pay for a one-dollar purchase, no kidding.  Good luck with the sale, P.C.  Hope you can get rid of it all so you don't have to pack it back.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

Thanks Kitten....there will be no packing back.....we have a charity lined up to come pick up the remainder.  Jeebus....I have enough clothes to open a small consignment store. (all done steaming and pricing those, the books and fabric are all priced)  Enough furniture and rugs to furnish a house.

Gaawwd it'll be good to be rid of this excess baggage.

kitten

Now that you mention it, there's a wonderful job opportunity for you.  Rent a space somewhere and open a consignment store.  Sound appealing?  You wouldn't have to buy any stock for a while!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

lol....no actually, it doesn't sound terribly appealing at all.  I had thought about it at one time many years ago....now  it just doesn't do a thing for me.

Going to get dinner started......be back later.

Sportsdude

kitten wrote:
Make sure you have plenty of change on hand before you start.  Believe me, you'll need it.  People will give you a $20.00 bill to pay for a one-dollar purchase, no kidding.  

Do you take debit? lol

P.C.

No debit....just Master Card (jk)   Yes, lots of change and lots of bags.  (confession...I have a ton and a half of those blasted gift bags.  I hate them....so everyone who purchases something will get it in a gift bag.

|