Budget Tips

Started by Lil Me, Apr 18 07 02:16

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

I'm planning to make some dahl in the crock pot this week.  That's a great $1 meal.
 Bulk dried lentils, some spices, an onion.  Some rice.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Hey Lil Me.  Thanks tons for the paint....omg !
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

No prob.  I love recycling.
 I bought the paint a couple years ago to paint over graffitti in the complex where I live.  The neighbour who has taken over the grafitti patrol prefers to use the tremclad spray bombs.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Me too.  I'm ever so happy when someone can use something that is no longer useful to someone else.  Thanks again Lil Me.  

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a194.gif" border=0]

P.C.

[img id=BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5210940327730139778 style="DISPLAY: block; MARGIN: 0px auto 10px; WIDTH: 172px; HEIGHT: 204px; TEXT-ALIGN: center" height=257 alt="" src="http://bp0.blogger.com/_UxcBhOem8bs/SFD6nowc0oI/AAAAAAAAACg/Fw_0MeEvki0/s320/make+a+mix.jpg" width=172 border=0] This was my all time favourite book when my kids were growing up.  It is full of recipes for how to make the mixes....then dozens and dozens of recipes to use the mixes for.  I used to spend a whole day putting the mixes together.  Such a meal time saver if anyone is into that....it's really great.  

There is a 'base mix', with which you can make biscuits, pancakes, breakfast muffins etc......

I still use the granola recipe, because it is still the best granola I've ever had....and also makes the best granola bars ever.

Great book.  (you can probably find them at the 2nd hand books stores.)

Lil Me

Oooh.  I will be on the lookout for that one.

Cooked a ton of chicken last night (shake n bake chix breasts) when I made dinner for my dad.  So now I've got lotsa sliced chicken meat for pastas, soups, sandwiches, wraps.  Had chicken quesdaillas for lunch today.

P.C.

If I remember correctly, there is a mix for shake and bake.  Good meal planning there Miss Lil !!

Lil Me

Anyone know what to do with Rice Krispies besides rice krispie squares?  

Michel

Lil Me

Cut open the "empty" toothpaste or face cream tube with scissors.  There is a ton more product stuck inside the tube.

If it's a rigid plastic bottle, slice it open with a knife.

|