Can't post on DV

Started by Gregg, Apr 16 07 12:37

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Hey Salty Dog. I probably saw you back in the day down at The Forge.  LOL  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

now on my schooner in San Franfeako  Bay.

Sounds divine Salty.  One of my favourite places for sure.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Salty Dog

My God, I feel like I have gone to some sort of forum heaven. A kinder and gentler and civil forum.

The foul language and topics on DV don't offend me. The subjectively imposed and arbitrary censorship is very offensive and, I suspect, very Canadian.

P.C.

I wonder if it was a technical issue, as the topics you mentioned are still there.

I'm somewhat confused on the issue of censorship.  This is not my forum, but if I (personally) had a forum.....do you think it would be censorship if I chose what was acceptable for the direction I wanted 'my' forum to take?  

*edit...I think I made a muddled mess of how I wanted that to sound.  For example, if you started a forum where people could discuss boats or cars....and it was taken over by tweeners discussing lululemon and nail polish.....would it be considered censorship to 'persuade' them to find another forum?    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Salty Dog

No, I wouild agree that the forum owner should have the option to determine its raison detre. But, in the case of DV, it would appear that any and all topics are acceptable, unless they are seen to contravene Canadian hate legislation.  Now....that is a bit dicey too since there is a degree of subjectivity , or at least a law degree requirement to assertain exectly where my right to speak and the limits of the law conjoin.

Good News, America is collapsing was a typical anti USA thread. I countered it with " Good News, Canada is collapsing" followed quickly with Good News, Multiculturalism is collapsing. I suspect it may have been this latter that caused the ban.

This latter topic may appear a bity harsh and could be construed as racist, I suppose. However, I happen to feel that multiculturalism as a government policy to create national unity is questionable and a legitimate topic of debate in a free society. Apparently, not.

The Boss

Salty Dog.....You have no right to go to other forums and slag off. The Perth forum for instanse. You are as weak as piss and i invite you to bring your schooner to Fremantle where we can have it out you San fran ass bandit. Yes it's me so your worst nightmare is again on your door and wouldnt be if you just STFU YOU a**hole!!!!!!!!!!!

Schadenfreude

The Boss wrote:
 Salty Dog.....You have no right to go to other forums and slag off. The Perth forum for instanse. You are as weak as piss and i invite you to bring your schooner to Fremantle where we can have it out you San fran ass bandit. [FONT color=#ff0000 size=4]Yes it's me so your worst nightmare[/FONT] is again on your door and wouldnt be if you just STFU YOU a**hole!!!!!!!!!!![/DIV]

"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

Salty Dog

Well, well, Boss. I see you have learned to use lower case. That is an improvement.

tenkani

No idea what this thread is about.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Schadenfreude

[img id=fullSizedImage alt=Heman.gif src="http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d149/lookslikecrap/Heman.gif?t=1178928375" _extended="true"].
"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

tenkani

LOLOLOLOLOL!!! HOLYSHIT*SWIPE*!!!!!

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

The Boss

[A href="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788KZCA" target=_blank][img height=30 alt="Dog On Fire Hydrant" src="http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_2_13.gif" width=75 border=0][/A] Salty why don't you take your schooner for a 3 hour tour,a 3 hour tour!!!!!!!!!!

[A href="http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb095_ZNxmk788KZCA&utm_id=7923" target=_blank][img]http://discoverseattle.net/source/spacer.gif?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNxmk788KZCA" border=0][/A]

Salty Dog

My goodness, Boss, you certainly are an unpolite uncivil type aren't you. What , prey tell, did I ever do to you to elicit such invective?

Salty Dog

Well, still cant post on DV. I think I must be perceived as a threat to the nanny state. I suppose I should feel complemented, considering the number of inane posts at that site. Thats it then...I have crossed over. This Canadian is quite happy to be living in the land of the free.

The Boss

HEY SALINE CANINE .TRY THAT LITTLE POST YOU DID ON THE AUST WEBSITE. RING A BELL DOES IT? IF YOU WERE ANY CLOSER TO ME I'D SCUTTLE YOUR LITTLE DINGY RAINBOW WARRIOR STYLE YOU CHAMPION A**WIPE. REGARDS YOUR OLD SPARRING MATE GG!!!!!!!

|