crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Your Brain on Alzheimer’s  (Read 818 times)

TehBorken

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
    • View Profile
    • Discover Seattle!
Your Brain on Alzheimer’s
« on: Apr 13 07 12:44 »
 [blockquote] [/blockquote]A view of how massive cell loss changes the whole brain in [a style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);" href="http://www.alz.org/brain/overview.asp"]advanced Alzheimer’s disease[/a]. This slide shows a crosswise "slice" through the middle of the brain between the ears.
[span style="text-decoration: underline;"][/span]
In the Alzheimer brain:
[ul][li]The cortex shrivels up, damaging areas involved in thinking, planning and remembering.[font style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);" size="4"]*[/font][/li][li]Shrinkage is especially severe in the hippocampus, an area of the cortex that plays a key role in formation of new memories.[/li][li]Ventricles (fluid-filled spaces within the brain) grow larger[/li][/ul][font style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);" size="4"]* [/font][span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]So in other words, it's a lot like being a Republican.[/span]
[span style="text-decoration: underline;"][/span]
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

tenkani

• SuperHero Member
  • that's just, like, your opinion, man.
    • View Profile
Re: Your Brain on Alzheimer’s
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13 07 12:52 »

[FONT color=#fcfae1 size=1].[/FONT]
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes