Clearly These Things Should Be Licensed

Started by TehBorken, Apr 13 07 12:00

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[span id="intelliTXT"]Where are the gun-control nuts when you need 'em??
[/span][hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"][span id="intelliTXT"][a style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);" href="http://www.playfuls.com/news_006533_The_Sufferings_Of_Do_It_Yourself_Consumers.html"]http://www.playfuls.com/news_006533_The_Sufferings_Of_Do_It_Yourself_Consumers.html[/a]

Passionate about do-it-yourself home-renovation projects? Beware of risks: nail gun injuries requiring hospitalization have increased 200% in the past 15 years.

Nail gun injuries send nearly 37,000 people per year to hospitals, and home improving enthusiasts may be particularly at risk, according to new CDC data. Of 37,000 nail-gun injuries that occur annually on average, about 40 per cent of the victims were consumers.[/span]

[span id="intelliTXT"] Lead author Dr. Hester Lipscomb, an epidemiologist from Duke University in North Carolina and lead author of the study, says that the number of injured consumers is probably greater than the 40% figure, because less severe injuries to the hands and fingers are not treated in emergency departments.
[/span][span id="intelliTXT"]
"I don't think it's that the tool is more dangerous right now than it has been, but it's just that these tools are so easily available. I mean, I can walk into a home-improvement store tonight on my way home and buy one and go use it."
[/span][hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"][span id="intelliTXT"][/span]
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Sportsdude

in middle school, I was in this idiots class were we did nothing but shoot nail guns at each other. crazy.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

I had to look at the link to see which nail gun they were talking about. A 'rail' type that is pneumatic or electric, or the REAL nail gun where you put a shell into the gun and a heavy concrete nail and pull the trigger, shooting the nail through studs into concrete.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims