Advice Column

Started by Lil Me, Apr 11 07 12:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

I've got dry itchy scalp problems as well. freaking sucks.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Shedding a winter coat maybe?  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

nope, I've got cronic dry scalp. I think I know the problem, I need moisturizing shampoo.  

purelife

You will probably need more conditioner for your hair, Lil Me. I get that too when the weather is too dry.  I notice that I itch more when it comes to warm weather.  I've been using lemon juice as my conditioner these days and it seems to work.  A nice leave in conditioner would work too.  

purelife

Sportsdude wrote:
nope, I've got cronic dry scalp. I think I know the problem, I need moisturizing shampoo.  
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]Nope, what you need is a really really good conditioner.  You have to use shampoo first and then the conditioner.  Don't know if you buy the 2-in-1, but those aren't stronger enough to condition your hair.

Sportsdude

Never have used conditioner. Do you use it before or after shampooing?  

purelife

That's probably your problem then.  You use conditioner after.  You buy the same brand of conditioner as your shampoo.  

Sportsdude

okay, thanks!
I'll go to the store tomorrow.

Lil Me

lemon juice- do you rinse it out or leave it in?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

What I do is after I wash my hair with shampoo first and then conditioner, I pour my lemon juice concoction over my head and leave it in for about 5 minutes.  (take a lemon, squeeze it out and then add half cup water to it and more depending on how dilluted you want it).  Then, rinse it out.  This should condition your hair as well as give it that shine.  I've done it a few times and my hair wasn't as itchy as before.  I'm not sure if it'll work for you, Lil Me because everyone has different hair type.

If not, try malt vinegar.  So, have cup of malt vinegar with half cup water.  This would be a leave-in, no rinse procedure. :)

Lil Me

so I'm going to walk around smelling like fishnchipsnvinegar?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Yep.  I did the malt vinegar thing for about a month one time and my hair was so conditioned and soft.  It was awesome.  I just don't do it now because it's so damn darn expensive.  Back in London, it was like 20cents for half a litre.  :))

I'd stick to the lemon thingee, ms lil me. :)

Lil Me

ok.  thanks *bless*  

Lil Me

Next question: Has anyone found a self-tanner that smells good?  I'm using a StupidStore brand self tanner/moisturizer which smells pretty ripe.  

kingy

i have itchy scalp every now and again. the temperature of the water also makes a difference. hot water isnt good.

aveda has a great product for such a thing...i found this from 'shape' magazine on hair care. dont ask why i was reading shape magazine!

[a href="http://www.aveda.com/templates/products2/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY11427&PRODUCT_ID=PROD5941"]http://www.aveda.com/templates/products2/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY11427&PRODUCT_ID=PROD5941[/a]

|