Personal Goals

Started by Lil Me, Apr 10 07 11:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

Not big life-changing things, but what are the little hurdles?

I'd like to:
 do a 1-armed pushup
 overcome my fear of parallel parking
 take care of office paperwork more efficiently

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

I hear ya, Lil Me about the parellel parking. I can't do that. Even getting into my garage is such a chore.

I would like more time to myself to just sit down and read 15 mins WITHOUT interuption.

To watch a movie from start to end WITHOUT someone bugging me for attention.

I would also like to eat a meal without wolfing down in 5 minutes.

To spend more time in the garden.

TO RELAX.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Only one I can think of that isn't major is being able to dunk. I'm 6'8, I should be able to dunk but my vertical sucks.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

1-arm pushup?  OMG, you're strong.  I can't even master proper pushups.  I cheat and do women's pushups.

Ok, here are some of my little goals:

- limit my DS night time postings/viewings to less than half hour.  I can spend hours on it in the evenings and not get anything done.

- file away and organize all of my personal papers.  Many of my important papers are still in envelopes and piling on top of one another.  I've got to get them all sorted out...

- keep in touch with my friends/acquaintances at least once a month

- slim down

- build my upper/lower body strength and stability core muscles

- improve my posture

P.C.

Small personal goals.

To empty the attics of excess crap.  

To make my spare room into a guest room.(but first I have to get rid of the excess crap in there too....lol)

That's it.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

pitbullca.bc

LOL...no small goals...all big and unreachable.  Like making my yard look picture perfect..with two pitbulls and a german shepherd running around it!

Sportsdude

lots of poop there.

I hate it when the snow melts. The poop seems to multiply because of the snow blanking the old poop. lol yard looks like a war zone full of mines.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Sportsdude wrote:
Only one I can think of that isn't major is being able to dunk. I'm 6'8, I should be able to dunk but my vertical sucks.  
 --

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

pitbullca.bc

agreed SD...but with the texture of my lawn right now...hard to tell where the shit ends..and the mud begins! LOL

Russ

win at teh game of life?

continue with reno's and organize stuff.. including personal papers like what missy PL is talking about.

finish building my kegerator. means cheaper beer, course that means my idea of getting into a better shape isnt going to happen.. but I will have beer!
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

pitbullca.bc

LOL...move over Russ...I will help you break in that kegerator!

Lil Me

Seriously?  You're building a kegerator?  That's crazy.  

Russ

Yeah! I have an older fridge I rescued from being thrown away, and I have a CO2 bottle with regulator for the pressure to the keg, Im making a list of the adaptor to the keg, the spigot that Im drilling through the front door with teh drain to a can I can empty, the foodsafe plastic lines that Im putting a cleaner into, and the external temperature regulator that I have actually ordered.. and been waiting for 6 weeks for now. Thats 250 that I dont want to lose.

Thought I talked about this before? Im not sure if Im going to buy kegs from somewhere, or do a ubrew like what I do on occasion and use that. It will work out to I think a buck a pint if its ubrew and 1.80-2.00 a pint if i order a keg from labatts.

Im thinking Im going to have to charge friends when they come over and indulge, or I will go broke fast, lol. So I think Ill have a pot for the money, and an honour tally for how much they owe.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

pitbullca.bc

that is too cool...when you are done...build a swamp cooler...for the hot days...kicks ass on a airconditioner

take one vehicle radiator
put on outside of open window
attach garden hose to one side..and cut piece of hose to the other
put window fan in the window..and set to suck air in
turn tap on to garden hose..allowing it to trickle from bottom of the rad...out the top
not too much...as you will create a flood in your yard
turn fan on
sit back with kegarator..and enjoy the cool air..rapidly changing the temp of your room...without the evil price of electricity with an airconditioner  

pitbullca.bc

the idea is...the water creates a spread out cooling pattern in the rad..the fan sucks it into a room...trust me...we did it last summer...so redneck..but it so worked!