McD's Coffee better than Starbucks!

Started by Lise, Apr 08 07 02:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Noooooooooooooo........................!!!!!

OK, don't believe me? Here ya go. A survey was done back in early Feb 2007 to see which coffee rate the best. McD came out ahead, and yes, ahead of Starbucks.

As for me, I don't know what's worst, that strong hint of whatever-is-inside McD's coffee or the burn-your-stomach-acid coffee from Starbucks.

[H1][FONT color=#ff0000]A triple-venti-Americano-decaf surprise?[/FONT][/H1] [H2][FONT size=1]Consumer Reports finds McDonald's coffee better than Starbucks[/FONT][/H2]

[P class=textBodyBlack][SPAN id=byLine][/SPAN]Starbucks may be the world's largest coffee shop chain in the world, but what they serve isn't as good as what McDonald's brews, Consumer Reports says.

[P class=textBodyBlack][SPAN id=byLine][/SPAN]In the March issue, the magazine called the fast food giant's Premium Roast "cheapest and best." The coffee also beat out new offerings from Burger King and Dunkin' Donuts.

[P class=textBodyBlack][SPAN id=byLine][/SPAN]A panel of "trained testers" took their brew black — no cream, milk or sugar — and visited two locations of each company.

[P class=textBodyBlack][SPAN id=byLine][/SPAN][FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffbf"]The magazine reported that McDonald's was "decent and moderately strong. Although it lacked the subtle top notes needed to make it rise and shine, it had no flaws."[/FONT]

[P class=textBodyBlack][SPAN id=byLine][/SPAN][FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffbf"]As for Starbucks, the magazine called it "strong, but burnt and bitter enough to make your eyes water instead of open."[/FONT]

[P class=textBodyBlack][SPAN id=byLine][/SPAN]The magazine's final recommendation: "make your own coffee — just call it something special."

[P class=textBodyBlack][A href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16951509/"][FONT size=1]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16951509/[/FONT][/A]

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

sadly it is. And its cheaper. You get a medium I think for a dollar. Then I just go home and add my own milk.

Mcdonald's isn't lying when they say its better.
But if you want a bunch of stuff in your coffee then the only place to go is Starbucks.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Sportsdude wrote:
Then I just go home and add my own milk.
--

Why don't you order the coffee with milk or cream at McD?  They don't charge extra for it.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

I ask for the milk on the side. Like heaps. Y'know what's funny, Timmies won't give you milk on the side for some reason. They always add to your drink instead.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Have you ever drank coffee with a straw?  It's probably too hot to, but my friend does and she told me that she would never go back to plain ol "sipping."    

Lil Me

Have you tried it- Is it better?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Nupe...haven't tried it.  She loves it though.  I might the next time I grab some from Timmies.  I haven't drank coffee for more than 2 months...  

Lil Me

Hmmm.  Is it better to suck or slurp?  That's the question.  

purelife

And, how many licks does it take to.... (oh never mind...gotta get my mind out of teh gutter) ;)  

Lil Me

would you like a straw with your poutine?  

purelife

I would like to blow that straw!  

Lil Me

a big straw?  a little straw?  or a bendy straw?  

i wish

i always felt like starbucks tasted like crap.  starbucks documentary was calling starbucks as the gold standard, BS.  
"Blind respect for authority is the greatest enemy of the truth, " Albert Einstein.

purelife

Oh, definitely one that bends.  I wouldn't want a straw that layed dorment!    

Lil Me

ok, so venti bendy straw.