Dead Vancouver man spends days unnoticed on highway

Started by news, Mar 11 06 06:53

Previous topic - Next topic

news

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (Reuters) - An elderly man spent at least three days in his vehicle on the side of a busy Canadian highway before anyone - including police who checked the car's license plate - realized he was dead.[/p]A passing motorist discovered the man's body after deciding to check the vintage-model car on the Trans-Canada Highway near Abbotsford, British Columbia, on Sunday to see if it was for sale.[/p]The car's license number was checked by passing police on Friday and Saturday to make sure it was not stolen, but the officers apparently did not stop to inspect it because it was not impeding traffic.[/p]Officials believe the 75-year-old man became ill and pulled off to the side of highway, which is used by hundreds of Vancouver-area motorists each day. They say he then probably slumped down in his seat and died.[/p]"A lot of people drove past that vehicle. It's just unfortunate that it took the circumstances that it did to find the gentleman," said Constable Steve Hiscoe of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.[/p]The man's dog was also in the vehicle, but survived the ordeal unharmed.[/p]

Good Times

Now we know where the highway to Heaven is.  [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_cool.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]

name

.[DIV id=camada1 style="Z-INDEX: 1; LEFT: 10px; WIDTH: 738px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 15px; HEIGHT: 491px" onmouseout="FP_goToURL(/*href*/'http://canada.com')"]

Good Times

Meh... was that a hacking attempt, or all you wanted to say by using all that space was a "period"?  [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_shy.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]

perpetual

Oh that is so sad...at least the man did not die alone...and I'm glad he was found before his dog ate him....

49er

I am surprised that this happened...........don't the Highway Patrol normally stop and ticket abandoned vehicles on highways/freeways?

Good Times

49er wrote:
I am surprised that this happened...........don't the Highway Patrol normally stop and ticket abandoned vehicles on highways/freeways?[/DIV]
Technically the car wasn't abandoned. There was a driver inside, albeit a dead one.