moving out

Started by vancityang3l, Apr 05 07 11:30

Previous topic - Next topic
|

vancityang3l

thinking about it, i do have a "backup" place to go. the backup would definitly be a temporary place though. and itd be free for one thing while i found another.
what hurts the most was being so close and having so much to say and watching you walk away and never knowing what could have been

Gopher

Good,  it's always wise to have a place to run to if necessary - even if it's only for a day or two.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

49er

Leave on good terms if possible, try not to burn your bridges...... make it your final backup if things don't work out.

Lise

Gopher wrote:
Another thing vancityanng, make sure you've got some back up and a second line of defence (i.e. a 'retreat') just in case things go wrong and you need to get out fast.

Words of the wise. I heartily agree with Gopher on this point.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

i wish

there's always people looking for roommates posted in the college science buildings.  you practically, have the place to yourself.
"Blind respect for authority is the greatest enemy of the truth, " Albert Einstein.

vancityang3l

to be able to leave on good terms is such a big deal for me. i realise that however much we all fight and dont want to be around each other, my familys my family and theyre always going to be! thats why, you'll all be happy to hear, im stayin for atleast another year. im still in highschool and i dont want to finish my education with just a highschool diploma, i want to have a career i love and a student loan ill be able to pay off!! i dont want to be another highschool dropout, or a story for my parents to tell of how their daughter ran away from home. no matter how hard it is for me at home, im sticking it out. i have alot of friends that care about me and that will help me through everything, i know that for a fact. thanks to everyone for hearing me out! i appreciate every comment posted:)
what hurts the most was being so close and having so much to say and watching you walk away and never knowing what could have been

Lise

Good for you for sticking it out. It's only one year and that year will go by very quickly. Concentrate on your studies and you will do well. Just think of the reward you will reap by the end of your highschool year.

Good luck and best wishes again.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

vancityang3l

it is only one year:) i go to school, have job and play ice hockey, and will continue playing through the summer so hopefully time will pass quickly. thanks lise!

Future Roomie?

P.C.

Glad to hear of your decision vancity.  I think someone who has the ability to ask for advice.....weigh it carefully and move from there, will always do OK.   Sounds like you've got good sense on your side, so you don't need luck......so I'll just wish you well.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

i wish

i believe that you are making the right decision by waiting a year.  i went through depression when i moved out at 24 yo.  and that has partly crippled future attempts to move out.  it wasn't that i couldn't afford living on my own.  it was the mental clash with my parents.  it would be safer to wait til graduation.
"Blind respect for authority is the greatest enemy of the truth, " Albert Einstein.

Lil Me

[a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ9_3Xg-uxc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ9_3Xg-uxc[/a]  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Is there a sequel to that Lil Me?  I'm on the edge of my seat ! [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]

Perhaps I'll watch it again in the morning.  Sometimes these heavy plots can elude me when I'm tired.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

I know it's a lame homemade documentary about some guy's moving story...but I wanted to find something with the song Moving Out because I hum it every time I open this thread!!!!  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

pitbullca.bc

moving out can be such an easy answer as a teen.  Not alot of understanding to the trials and tribulations of life.  You leave home..where you are protected..and fed...and housed.  You move in with someone...or by yourself and you are on your own.  You fall down...no one but yourself is there to pick you up.  Life is what you make it.  I agree to not even considering to move into this guys place.  He doesn't even have the strength to part ways with an abusive relationship...so...I feel that he would be unreliable.  As well..it would be unsafe due to the crazy x.  Pretty girl like you would be a sitting duck.  Adults have lived life..and learned.  Whether they have learned the right or the wrong way...it is harder for a young person to comprehend that.  Moving out at such a young age...creates some really hard knocks.

|