moving out

Started by vancityang3l, Apr 05 07 11:30

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Good luck to you.

EDIT: If you're thinking about leaving home next year, start stockpiling the toothpaste and TP like now :)  You too, SD.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

vancityang3l

ha thanks lil me! thats the other thing. ive always got along way better with guys then i do girls. i am rather strong willed, and used to getting what i want and girls dont seem to like that. i grew up with 2 guys being my best friends until i was 9 or 10. being around guys is pretty normal for me. even now i have 2 female best friends and many more male. im not one to be easily "pushed over"  
what hurts the most was being so close and having so much to say and watching you walk away and never knowing what could have been

purelife

Agreed PC.  Having female vs male roommates both have pluses and minuses.  I personally prefer having male roommates because I get along with guys, but that's just me.    

Sportsdude

why do I think the ultimate outcome will be sex?
Its too easy.
You've most likely got a college aged male with a teenage girl who will most likely play the innocent card like all teenage girls do.  She'll get trapped.

Its just too easy.

I'm a male and I wouldn't move into an apartment with a girl or girls because I know what the end result will be. Its just too easy to predict the ending outcome here, that's all.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

weird al

I knew this girl who moved out of her parents' place while she was still in school ( 2 or 3 girls, come to think of it).

Anyway, this girl and her father were like cat and dog - constantly on each other's case, always involved in heavy arguments. There was no hint of abuse, just really bad chemistry. She moved out, worked, finished school, the whole deal.

Cool young lady, smart, funny and tough. Eventually her dad said "c'mon back, I bought you a bunch of nice furniture"

She says, "thanks dad, but I didn't move out 'cause of the furniture."

They're fine now but at the time, she absolutely had to get away from all the hassle.

I think when somebody is determined to live on their own, the best advice is not about Yes or No, but about practical matters. Things like: "not knowing who he actualy is"

This ^ sucks. Things can get very complicated very fast. Like, how many people are coming over at any given time? Who are they?

Especially when you don't really know him.

I'd say, it sounds like you've gotta get out, but try to set it up so there's stability and security. It's do-able.

Good luck.  

purelife

Nope, not all male is after sex, only SD might be. ;)

Many males, the right ones, will respect the female and know his boundaries and limits.  There is such a thing as being platonic friends with a female and not be thinking about sex 24/7 and how to jump her bones when she's asleep!

I think that you've been influenced to think that SD because of where you live and who you have been surrounded by.  It's different here.  

Lil Me

Most of my friends are guys, too.  Always have been.  The main problem with living with them is they tend to be slobs!  But there are benefits to having male roommates: they can run c*ckblock for you, and it's nice to have a male viewpoint on things.  We would come home on Fri and Sat night and we'd sit around re-hashing our dates and giving each other advice.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Sounds like Lil Me had good times. :)))

tenkani

It's not that you two will have sex necessarily.

It's that sex is probably on his mind.

And you never know how a person will react to rejection until it happens. Being young and not particularly self-sufficient yet (you won't have much in the way of savings) just makes it a weird situation. Some people get very vindictive when their romantic plans are dashed.  
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

True I've been influenced by my surroundings here. If I was the guy in this situation I wouldn't act like the guys around here do.

But I believe first that male-female roomates can only work if you say from the begining that you have no feelings for him and he says like wise. Because if there is an inkling of any time of feelings between the two its bound to get weird and then you need to move out. You can't date each other when you live with each other.  Anyway I'm getting ahead of myself now.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Could you imagine a DS reality show?  All of us living in a house together?  -shudder-  

vancityang3l

start stockpiling TP and toothpaste..got it! haha.  
what hurts the most was being so close and having so much to say and watching you walk away and never knowing what could have been

vancityang3l

o wow, he is the furthest thing from a slob. total opposite. i think he may have a lil OCD! he told he was looking for a roommate (his last was a guy and that didnt work out at all!) he said hed only agree to living with a female or a gay guy. so cleanliness not a problem here

tenkani

If you want advice on how men secretely think and feel, and how they really view young women who're in close proximity to them, don't ask a woman. Most women really have no clue and the proof is demonstrated above. Sorry, but I don't believe Canadian men are inherently different than Americans when it comes to such things. Think about it, how different, really, is Canadian and American culture when it comes to the relationship between the sexes?

I can say without a doubt that any straight man living with a 16 year old girl in his house and no supervision should not be trusted. At the very least, if he's got a lot of self-control, he will only masterbate while thinking of you every night.

Sorry to be so blunt, but I think it's necessary.    
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

weird al

anyhow, like I was sayin, if you gotta move, then you gotta, but if you can't find anything that provides the stability and security that I think are paramount, you could always consider staying for a while at weird al's B&B. (and B)  

|