moving out

Started by vancityang3l, Apr 05 07 11:30

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

not really, I don't see my situation drastically changing. I'm leaving regardless of what happens in August  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

If you're a teenager who just left home and are living in the home of an adult male I think things can get a little more complicated. But mainly my point was that however she views their relationship, if the guy is hetero then he's most likely thinking something else.

I agree with this BIG time.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

vancityang3l

a little off topic, what are the "karma points" or whatever displayed next to my name?  
what hurts the most was being so close and having so much to say and watching you walk away and never knowing what could have been

purelife

I've just finished reading your posts.  You do sound like you're mature and have been thinking about this seriously with lots of thought.  I sincerely wish you luck in moving out.  I do hope that if it doesn't work out, that you have a place to go.  You know, like a back up.  ie. your big brother/sister (if you have any who has moved out) or may be back at your parents.

I started moving out when I was 18.  It was a dumb move on my part because I held two part-time jobs as well as attending uni.  I won't go into details of my life story but I jsut wanted to say that it will be tough.  You'll definitely learn how to handle adversity life throws at you because you're forced to.  

I wish you all the best and do keep in touch. :)  

purelife

I'd like to add that I'm concerned about you living with an older roommate, especially one that is male.  I wouldn't do that.  Couldn't you get a flat with a female roommate?  Like with a female best friend or with your sister if you have any?

Sportsdude

I say don't do it.
If you want to move out, wait until you finish school and then go to a university and dorm there. It complishes the same goal you want to do now, except with more secruity and a safer atmosphere.

As much as you think you know this guy, you don't. You are a teen he's probably not much older, things will get weird.

tenkani

Once you've posted a certain number of times (10 maybe?) you can bless or smite other posters. Bless someone if you like their attitude and whatnot. Smite them if you don't. It's not really an accurate system since you can get smited a lot from one or two people who don't like you, but it gives you a general idea. Um...like if you ever ran into someone with only a couple blesses and like, I don't know, 70+ smites then chances are that person is a subhuman freak and you should keep your distance.  
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

vancityang3l

i also realise an older guy = dumb idea. especially when listening to this and not knowing who he actualy is. female friends...um ive talked to a few and one has agreed for early next year. so either i could wait (which is what everyone is going to tell me to do) living with this guy would definitly be temporary.  
what hurts the most was being so close and having so much to say and watching you walk away and never knowing what could have been

Lil Me

Why is everyone so paranoid about this girl/guy sharing an apt thing?  Just because two people are alone, doesn't mean they will be having s3x.  I've lived with guys, travelled with guys and shared teeny tiny tents with guys...and not had s3x with them!  (btw, I am heterosexual...)  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

vancityang3l

haha thanks tenkani. i wont smite u no worries

Sportsdude

where do you want to go to school?
How about focusing on that before risking your future by moving in with a guy, even though you aren't a couple, you are still moving in with a guy.

To a guy this is like a dream come true. I bet that's what he's thinking too, no matter how 'trusting' you feel about him, he could be just playing you.

If it was an older sister then I wouldn't be acting so stern but moving in with this guy is like playing russian roulette with your future.

purelife

Um...like if you ever ran into someone with only a couple blesses and like, I don't know, 70+ smites then chances are that person is a subhuman freak and you should keep your distance.'  
 Uh, can you give advice tenkani when your smite is at 31. You know, there's a REASON!  LOL  

Dang it, my smite is high too....

purelife

vancityang3l wrote:
haha thanks tenkani. i wont smite u no worries
Smite him.  You can smite me too. :)

P.C.

I say don't do it.
If you want to move out, wait until you finish school and then go to a university and dorm there. It complishes the same goal you want to do now, except with more secruity and a safer atmosphere.

This may not be the case at all SD.  We have no way of knowing that where she is, is a safer atmosphere.

I think it sounds like you've got her head on straight, and would simply recommend remaining open to advice that will help make it work.

*as far as girl and girl roommates?  Sometimes that can be worse IMHO.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Whatever you chose to do, just becareful.  It sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders. :)  

|