moving out

Started by vancityang3l, Apr 05 07 11:30

Previous topic - Next topic
|

vancityang3l

not at all a boyfriend. just someone i currently work with and for some reason trust alot. we're both going to through "stuff" right now, i need a place to go, he needs a roommate. his last one didnt turn out so good. loooong story, wont get into that either.  
what hurts the most was being so close and having so much to say and watching you walk away and never knowing what could have been

Lil Me

Is anyone else humming a Billy Joel song right now?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

its a little bit more though.

I asked that in a way that allowed for that possibility.  Sorry you're having troubles, I hope whatever you choose to do works out.

*I'm sure you've probably heard more than enough advice, but here's mine.

Make sure your arrangements with your roommate are in writing....dated and signed by each.

If you pay cash for anything.....get a receipt (for the protection of both parties)  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

tenkani

If he's a heterosexual male then I hope you're not expecting some sort of platonic relationship once you move in, 'cause he's probably not. If he's gay then it might work out fine.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

so he's single, your single and then your living together? Hmm not a good combo there.  Plus he's older he could take advantage of you, no matter how much you 'trust' him.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

vancityang3l

reason: family problems im not willing to post up on the internet

school: next year would be my last

boyfriend: not at all. "big brother" figure? definitly

i know 16 is young. thats why ive been thinking this through for so long. its not something i necesarly want to do, but something i almost need to? i wish i had a happy family life, but i dont. dont get me wrong, ive always had everything ive ever wanted we're not poor, and never have been hungry or anything. reasons are way deeper  
what hurts the most was being so close and having so much to say and watching you walk away and never knowing what could have been

Sportsdude

yeah he's single, your single. That's just inviting trouble at the door and leaving it wide open.  

tenkani

By the way. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Lil Me

I've had many platonic roommate relationships with guys.  [span style="text-decoration: underline;"]It's fine.[/span]

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

Yes, and keep in touch with us and let us know how it's going: we're all there for you.    
A fool's paradise is better than none.

TehBorken

Here are the guidelines for the US, if that helps:

[a href="http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/emancipate1.php"][span class="norm"][span class="mtitle"]What Constitutes Emancipation[/span][/span][/a]

This is more for child support purposes but the guidelines are the same.
[/div][div]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Sportsdude

really lil me? all the girls that I've known who've done this sort of arrangement have ended up dating the guy and since they lived together already it went really crazy really fast.  

purelife

Sportsdude wrote:
well she asked what age we 'moved out' for me it will be 21.

Yeah, but you haven't left yet.  Situations can change.

tenkani

Lil, if you're an adult female who is used to taking care of yourself it's one thing. If you're a teenager who just left home and are living in the home of an adult male I think things can get a little more complicated. But mainly my point was that however she views their relationship, if the guy is hetero then he's most likely thinking something else.  

vancityang3l

i honestly appreciate everything thats being said. i realise there is alot to think about when leaving home for the first time. its not a decision im going to make over night. i dont plan on waking up one morning, packing up and leaving. either summertime, or ideally early next year. (around spring break next year?) i would have more money saved up and school would be finishing up. thanks everyone  

|