moving out

Started by vancityang3l, Apr 05 07 11:30

Previous topic - Next topic
|

vancityang3l

hey there! 16 (17 in aug) year old female here! currently live in vancity w/ my parents but am seriously considering moving out. im still at my first job (and have been there since last august so im able to keep one!) i already have a car (insured for another year) as well as a potential roommate. im just wondering at what age you all moved out. if it was young did you regret it later? or maybe it turned out alright? i realise im still so young, but theres many reasons (serious ones) that i feel the need to leave. thanks...
what hurts the most was being so close and having so much to say and watching you walk away and never knowing what could have been

kingy

i thought you had to be atleast 18 before you were legally allowed to move out?  

Gopher

When you've gotta go, you've gotta go - age is immaterial.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

I'm not sure what you mean by serious (and you don't need to explain) but if it's something tolerable (house rules, chores etc) I'd tough it out.  Rushing into a world with the cost of living what it is wouldn't be my first choice.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Sportsdude

well she asked what age we 'moved out' for me it will be 21.  

vancityang3l

oh, i didnt know you had to be a certain age:( i'd be living with someone who is of age though, just giving him the money for rent. the place is and would be in his name only.  
what hurts the most was being so close and having so much to say and watching you walk away and never knowing what could have been

Sportsdude

let me guess? boyfriend? girl come on your only 16  

P.C.

I believe it is legal to move out at 16 but again, wouldn't be my first choice.  

tenkani

Here in the states you can become an "amancipated minor".

Maybe there's something similar in Canadia?    
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

I just don't think its too smart to be moving out when you haven't even finished school, (probably) and above else most likely a live in boyfriend who's probably much older.  

vancityang3l

i knew someone would bring up house rules/chores haha. and no we dont agree on rules/curfews but what teenager agrees with their parents right?? im aware that everyone agrues and if it was only disagreements i would tough it out. its a little bit more though. i appreciate everyones input thus far! thank u! (waaay better than DV haha)  

P.C.

With the cost of living, you could risk being an emaciated minor.

Sportsdude

First I'd like to know
Why are you moving out?
Is this guy your bf?
Are you finished with school?

living with someone at your age is just too risky, your going down a bad path, imo.

|