What does "Scritchutees" (Not sure how to spell it) mean?

Started by TheBroken, Apr 04 07 02:28

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBroken

I heard this term in a song & I wanna know what it means.

P.C.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Is this like one of those lyrics like the second line of Blinded by the Light ?

purelife

P.C.

...and TheBroken is dangerously close to hijacking the Great One.  It's on the edge of hijeffing.

TheBroken

[table style="table-layout: fixed;" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"][tbody][tr][td rowspan="2" style="overflow: hidden;" valign="top" width="16%"]                      [div class="smalltext"]                         Administrator
                         SuperHero Member
                         [img]Themes/default/images/staradmin.gif" alt="*" border="0"][img]Themes/default/images/staradmin.gif" alt="*" border="0"][img]Themes/default/images/staradmin.gif" alt="*" border="0"][img]Themes/default/images/staradmin.gif" alt="*" border="0"][img]Themes/default/images/staradmin.gif" alt="*" border="0"]

[div style="overflow: auto; width: 100%;"][img]avatars/catinblu.jpg" alt="" border="0" height="80" width="80"][/div]

[a href="index.php?action=profile;u=8"]View Profile[/a]                      [/div]                   [/td]                   [td height="100%" valign="top" width="85%"]                      [table border="0" width="100%"][tbody][tr]                         [td align="left" valign="middle"][a href="index.php/topic,4663.msg75850.html#msg75850"][img]Themes/default/images/post/xx.gif" alt="" border="0"][/a][/td]                         [td align="left" valign="middle"]                            [a href="index.php/topic,4663.msg75850.html#msg75850"]Re: What does "Scritchutees" (Not sure how to spell it) mean?[/a]                            [div class="smalltext"]« Reply #2 on: Apr 04 07 02:45 »[/div][/td]                         [td style="font-size: smaller;" align="right" height="20" nowrap="nowrap" valign="bottom"]                            [a href="index.php?action=post;quote=75850;topic=4663.0;num_replies=2;sesc=b518e8e5551f201660959644d8feca81" onclick="if (!currentSwap) doQuote(75850); else window.location.XXXX = this.href; return false;"]Reply with quote[/a]                         [/td]                      [/tr][/tbody][/table]                      [hr class="hrcolor" size="1" width="100%"]                      [div style="overflow: auto; width: 100%;"]Is this like one of those lyrics like the second line of Blinded by the Light ?[/div][/div]                   [/td]                [/tr]                [tr]                   [td class="smalltext" valign="bottom" width="85%"]                      [table style="table-layout: fixed;" border="0" width="100%"][tbody][tr]                         [td colspan="2" class="smalltext" align="left" width="100%"]                         
[/td]                      [/tr][tr]                         [td class="smalltext" align="left" valign="bottom"]                         
[/td]                         [td class="smalltext" align="right" valign="bottom"]                            [img]Themes/default/images/ip.gif" alt="" border="0"]                            Logged                         [/td]                      [/tr][/tbody][/table]                      [hr class="hrcolor" size="1" width="100%"]                      [div style="overflow: auto; width: 100%; padding-bottom: 3px;" class="signature"]Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table]
Close, in that it IS a song I got the line from.
It's from the FIXX'S 1983 single: One Thing Leads To Another"
The line goes: "But when one little bomb leads to shots scritchutese."
-I've never understood that line.

P.C.

Ahhh....it's grit your teeth.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]

I was wondering where this was leading.

P.C.

TheBroken

[table style="table-layout: fixed;" border="0" width="100%"][tbody][tr][td class="smalltext" align="left" valign="bottom"]                         
[/td]                         [td class="smalltext" align="right" valign="bottom"]                            

I was wondering where this was leading.[/div][/div]                   [/td]                [/tr]                [tr]                   [td class="smalltext" valign="bottom" width="85%"]                      [table style="table-layout: fixed;" border="0" width="100%"][tbody][tr]                         [td colspan="2" class="smalltext" align="left" width="100%"]                         
[/td]                      [/tr][tr]                         [td class="smalltext" align="left" valign="bottom"]                         
[/td]                         [td class="smalltext" align="right" valign="bottom"]                            [img]Themes/default/images/ip.gif" alt="" border="0"]                            Logged                         [/td]                      [/tr][/tbody][/table]                      [hr class="hrcolor" size="1" width="100%"]                      [div style="overflow: auto; width: 100%; padding-bottom: 3px;" class="signature"]Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table]
???

P.C.

[FONT face=1 color=#000000]You see dimensions in two
State your case with black or white
But when one little cross leads to shots, grit your teeth....or scritchutese
You run for cover so discreet, why don't they:
[/FONT]

TheBroken

tenkani

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.