Daily Chores you Hate the MOST

Started by P.C., Apr 02 07 09:01

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Wow, this thread turned out to be about men and women doing chores and such and then, relationship counselling.  I tried to read pages 2 and 3 and then, completely passed page 4.  Ok, let's see what I remember.

Lil Me, yeah, agree.  Taking out the garbage is okay for me to do, but for some odd reason, I prefer my guy to do it.  And he has been taking the garbage since I've met him.  At the odd times, I'd take it out.  One day, I found about 3-5 bags of garbage outside our balcony!  OMG, I bloody almost screamed!  This has got to be the lazy man's way of "taking out the garbage!"  He never did that again as he knows how I feel about that.  

When I met my guy, he used to live on his own in a bachelor suite.  He'd have all his bottles lying around, cups around, everywhere!  Sometimes, I'd pick them up but most of the time, I would tell him to pick them up.  Slowly, but surely, he started to get better with his things and would pick them up.  

I believe that changing each other is good.  It takes time.  He has changed me and I have changed him as well.  I know, that was really simplictic and general, but I don't want to go into details.

Lil Me

purelife wrote:
I believe that changing each other is good.  It takes time.
 --
 Totally.  Of course, we are fundamentally WHO we are- there's no getting around that.  But we all have our quirks- and our partners help us to round out some of the sharp edges.

Do you guys have the ongoing "toilet seat" battle?  lol.  Mine has been going on for 11 years!  Now that I live with 3 males, I'm on the losing side.  I'm just happy when they remember to flush.  (I've suggested to all of them that turning on the bathroom light in the middle of the night would help with the aim.  And I frequently remind them where the fan switch and the toilet cleaner are.  Loooove the Pine Sol scent.)

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

LOL Ms LM.

I'm lucky that my guy puts down the toilet seat everytime he flushes.  If he never puts it down, I wouldn't have a problem with it.  It doesn't seem to bother me too much.  I actually enjoy cleaning bathrooms.  Dunno why.  I've had my own cleaning and organizing business for quite a while before and bathrooms were something I did.  I got really used to it.  I've seen worse is how I look at it. :)))

Lise

Too many things to write but most of all I hate:

a) cleaning the toilet

b) ironing

c) folding clothes (too many clothes when there's a toddler involve)

d) washing & drying the dog (which takes 1 hour for a little dude)  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I found this funny joke and it kinda relates to what we have been talking about.  (sorry PC if it bugs you, you can delete it if you wish)

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN lang=EN-CA style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #333333; FONT-FAMILY: 'Courier New'; mso-ansi-language: EN-CA"]INSTALLING HUSBAND[/SPAN][SPAN lang=EN-CA style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #333333; FONT-FAMILY: 'Courier New'; mso-ansi-language: EN-CA"]

Dear Tech Support,

Last year I upgraded from Boyfriend 5.0 to Husband 1.0 and noticed a distinct slow down in overall system performance -- particularly in the flower and jewellery applications, which operated flawlessly under Boyfriend 5.0.

In addition, Husband 1.0 uninstalled many other valuable programs, such as Romance 9.5 and Personal Attention 6.5 and then installed undesirable programs such as NFL 5.0, NBA 3.0, and Golf Clubs 4.1.  Conversation 8.0 no longer runs, and Housecleaning 2.6 simply crashes the system.  I've tried running Nagging 5.3 to fix these problems, but to no avail.

What can I do?[?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /][o:p][/o:p][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 12pt"][SPAN lang=EN-CA style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #333333; FONT-FAMILY: 'Courier New'; mso-ansi-language: EN-CA"]
Signed, Desperate[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"][SPAN lang=EN-CA style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #333333; FONT-FAMILY: 'Courier New'; mso-ansi-language: EN-CA"]--------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Desperate:

First keep in mind, Boyfriend 5.0 is an Entertainment Package, while Husband 1.0 is an Operating System.  Please enter the command: "http: I Thought You Loved Me.html" and try to download Tears 6.2 and don't forget to install the Guilt 3.0 update.  If that application works as designed, Husband 1.0 should then automatically run the applications Jewellery 2.0 and Flowers 3.5.

But remember, overuse of the above application can cause Husband 1.0 to default to Grumpy Silence 2.5, Happy Hour 7.0 or Beer 6.1.  Beer 6.1 is a very bad program that will download the Snoring Loudly Beta.

Whatever you do, DO NOT install Mother-in-law 1.0 (it runs a virus in the background that will eventually seize control of all your system resources).
Also, do not attempt to reinstall the Boyfriend 5.0 program.

These are unsupported applications and will crash Husband 1.0.

In summary, Husband 1.0 is a great program, but it does have limited memory and cannot learn new applications quickly.  You might consider buying additional software to improve memory and performance.  We recommend Food 3.0 and Hot Lingerie 7.7.

Good Luck, Tech Support[/SPAN][SPAN lang=EN-CA style="mso-ansi-language: EN-CA"] [o:p][/o:p][/SPAN]

kitten

[A href="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788YYCA" target=_blank][img alt="Belly Laugh" src="http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_219.gif[/img][/A] Thanks, PL, you just made my day!

[A href="http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb113_ZNxmk788YYCA&utm_id=7921" target=_blank][img]http://discoverseattle.net/source/spacer.gif?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZNxmk788YYCA" border=0][/A]
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

funny stuff.

I don't usually mind cleaning, either, purelife.  It's relaxing to do something mindless.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

speaking of cleaning, I've got a lot of cleaning to do today.  

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lil Me

I'm sure gophers are very tidy creatures.  

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

[FONT size=5]Excellent[/FONT] purelife !!!!!  LOL

*why would you think it would bug me ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

*why would you think it would bug me ?

[/DIV]because you might think that I was hi-jacking your thread and that wouldn't be my intention to do so.  :)  I just wanted to check.  

Sportsdude

tedious math homework I hate that chore  

|