Couple Commits Suicide After Pet Dies

Started by TehBorken, Apr 02 07 07:46

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Geez, seems kinda extreme to me.
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"][h2]Puppy Love Suicide Pact[/h2] A couple were so devastated by the death of their dog that they committed suicide, police have said.[/p]C N Madanraj, 66, and his wife Tara Bai, 63, were found hanging in their home in Hyderabad, south India. They left a suicide note saying they were ending their lives after the death of 'Puppy', their pet of 13 years, police said.[/p]The couple left behind 2,000 rupees (about £20) to pay for their funeral. Relatives said they had been severely depressed after Puppy's death.[/p][a style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);" href="http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1258688,00.html?f=rss"]http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1258688,00.html?f=rss[/a]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

kitten

Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

pitbullca.bc

I think that is terrible.  As well as the fact that their deaths are being slightly glorified by the media.  

greycat

That is tragic, but not surprising.  Pets are like children to a lot of people.

It is what it is.

Marik

Yikes, that's like a triple-suicide. I wonder if they had any sons / daughters?  

Sportsdude

Marik wrote:
Yikes, that's like a triple-suicide. I wonder if they had any sons / daughters?  

I doubt it. A lot of empty nesters or couple who never had kids treat their pets like a kid. So it wouldn't shock me if they didn't have any children.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

greycat

When you have a pet for 10-20 years (my cat died at 20), its pretty depressing. They have been a constant in your life longer than some relationships!  
It is what it is.

kitten

True enough.  My cat was 16.  My choice was to get another cat from the S.P.C.A. before it was destroyed.  I still miss Spooky, though.  There's room in the heart for more than one cat.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

It's too sad that they couldn't have recognized that they were wonderful pet lovers and would have been valuable to give another pet the same kind of love.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

ripper

That is so sad. I truly hope that they are reunited with Puppy in the afterlife and will spend the rest of eternity in happiness.

Adam_Fulford

Bonds between species can be very strong.  I heard a story about a farm dog that befriended a pig.  After the pig was slaughtered and the farmer tried to feed it some of it to the dog, the dog refused to eat it, then started howling. It became very depressed for a long time.  Parrots have a long lifespan, and can go through similar levels of grief when their human companions die, and sometimes don't recover.