your dreams/careers

Started by purelife, Apr 02 07 09:30

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

What have you wanted to become when you were younger?  Have you fulfiled your dreams?  Would you pursue your career or your dreams, if at all possible or have you given up?  

pitbullca.bc

I wanted to work with animals...LOL...guess you could say that I do now..kids can be like animals!  LOL...pursuing my dream..yes...slowly...but my hopes and dreams are more centered around my kids growing up safely..happily..and to be good people.  Guess my focus changed with them....

dreamer

My dreams have changed over the years in some ways. I set out to be a photographer but somehow got involved in design...I would like to work my way back to photography and art. Every day i am working towards how i really want to live, i am not there yet, unfortunately. I dream of a home of my own, a backyard, garden, studio...maybe a kid. I feel like a very late bloomer, and that i am about 5 or so years behind where i thought i would be.Time is definitely slipping away...  

Lil Me

Still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

I'm fulfilled doing what I'm doing for now- kids, managing Mr LM's business and sitting on several non-profit boards.

Would like to finish my CGA, but I'm lacking time right now.  

Possibly law school in the future.  Profs and mentors have encouraged me to go.  I find contract law really easy to navigate, but I'm bored silly.  I'd need a really good personal reason to go to law school.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

A fantasy/sci-fi writer. I'm still working on that. Never give up, never surrender!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Those are wonderful dreams you guys.  I do hope that one day, you can get back into them.... as long as it makes you happy. :)))

I've always wanted to be an elementary school teacher.  Now, I'm working in an office.  Ah well, I guess that I could always just move up in my company to become a supervisor or something.  Maybe one day.....

Caramel Kisses

I use to dance and dance when I was a kid, danced ballet, wanted to be a ballet dancer and when puberty hit that was out the door. My breast grew to be DD, now what kind of a ballet dancer has big ass tits. I always loved fashion one day when my kids are all grown up I may open my clothing boutique...... of old peoples clothes I guess.  

Lil Me

I have street fighting vigilante dreams all the time.  I wonder if that means something?!  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

I'd be afraid of you.  You know kick boxing!

Lise

Lil Me wrote:
I have street fighting vigilante dreams all the time.  I wonder if that means something?!

ROTFL. I can picture you kicking butts!!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Same here.  You're a strong lady, Ms Lil Me. :)

Lil Me

I hope you guys all follow your dreams and/or do what makes you happy.
 CK- a clothing boutique sounds great.

Over the years, I've figured out what I DON'T want to do:
 -anything involving blood
 -anything involving birds
 -anything involving sales
 -anything involving drawing

I also have an inability to process visual/spatial information.  Didn't realize this until I was an adult.  I can't read building plans worth sh*t, have piss poor quantity surveying skills,  and can't do math in more than 2 dimensions.  I'm hooped when I buy a product with no written installation manual, just an exploded diagram.  My oldest kid helps me navigate the waters.

Mr LM often takes disassembles anything that I've built and reassembles it.  Problem is, Mr LM can't stick to the task at hand and often makes a simple project complicated because he doesn't like the design of it.  Things end up becoming complicated and expensive because Mr LM wants a product to be bigger, faster, stronger, whatever.  I usually ask "Is this a good idea, Tim?" when he's in Tim the Toolman Taylor mode.

pitbullca.bc

oh LM..*bless* you are truly priceless!

Lil Me

Well- Pitbull, you've got your dogs.

Lise- your creative spurts on DS continually amaze me.  Keep writing!  (and send me something to read, pleeeze)

purelife- you keep your office mates in-line and organized with special events, so it must be like elementary school some days!  A teacher friend suggested to me that elemetary school teaching is more enjoyable later in  life, when you're older.  Bear this in mind.  (at the time, she had kids the same age as the class she was teaching- so she dealt with the same behaviours and attitudes at home and at work.  she took a couple of years off and said it was better that way)

purelife

Awwww...bless ya Lil Me. :))

I agree.  I'd prefer teaching when all my kids are much much older and I'm more "settled" so to speak.  I would love to open up my own daycare centre one day and incorporate teaching in it. :))