Earliest Memories

Started by P.C., Mar 31 07 10:40

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

What is the farthest back that you can remember?

Do you remember things as early as 2 or 3 years of age for example ?????
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

before age 2.  I was a verrrry chatty kid, so I have language associations, not just visual ones.

Remember going to playgroup, my baby sister coming home from hospital, going to Bellingham with my grandparents.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

'87.  That would make me one.
I remember the apartment I lived in for a couple years before the house.
I remember my room was blue and that I had this rocking horse.
I remember my friends a couple doors down.
Then I remember the infamous taco bell incident but that was when I was almost 3.
Then my 3rd birthday. back in '89.  My birthday and my dad's are a day apart. He was turning 30.
I also remember a lot of things about the church I was baptized in.  My dad worked there between 84-89.  Then went to our current church before my sister was born.
I remember a lot of things abou that place, running around and such. So that was when I was between 1-3.
I remember the house fire vividly. Dad dropped me off at my friends house that morning and then a couple hours later I was taken back to a burning home.
I remember staying at this Residence Inn for a couple weeks after the fire in '88.
I remember this one tv show that would come on in the afternoon it had a bald man and a woman and they solved mysteries and they worked at a police department. never been able find the name of the show.
Remember moving back into my house after the fire.
Remember the day my sister was born, parents dropped me off at my neighbours house, fell asleep that afternoon and then visited the hospital the next morning. I remember walking into the hospital and everything.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Remember going to playgroup, my baby sister coming home from hospital, going to Bellingham with my grandparents.

You remember all that stuff before TWO ?  WOW.

I'm off to bed, but I'd love to hear about the language thing.....sounds super interesting !  

Lise

Not sure. I think my earliest memory was being around family a lot. Blowing out a candle on a cake.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I remember this one tv show that would come on in the afternoon it had a bald man and a woman and they solved mysteries and they worked at a police department. never been able find the name of the show.

Kojack ?  

Sorry that's the only thing I'm responding to, but I'm really off to bed.....that's an impressive memory.

Sportsdude

nope not kojak. The two partners were 'equals' it was a serious drama show, scared me sometimes, the last episode ended with the lady dective kidnapped in this boobie trapped apartment and the male dective finds her but opens the door...... the room blows up. And that was the last show, I think.
The intro had two chasing cop cars.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

I remember a small 'stretch' of memory from when I was apparently 11 months old. I talked to my mother about it one time, and the way I described it and the kitchen decorations I remembered they placed it being about that time when I stayed with them for four days when my mother went back into hospital for whatever reason.

Amazing really. lol.

Next memory I have is visiting my mother in the hospital when my brother had been born.. I think i was just about three then.  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Orik

my earliest memory is of a dirty blond haired woman. calling my name saying she would be home soon... she never came back...  everything before and after this is just a huge jumble of crap.. to much to process and remember all the details .. i was about 2 at the time... and the name she used with me is not the name i am called by now.... weird and odd... i think the woman was my mother.... actually i am very sure that woman was my mother... i wonder why she never came back...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

GORDY GAMBINO

ORIC THAT IS VERY SAD. SHE PROBABLY WAS YA MOMMA
CAPO DI TUTTI CAPPI

M50

Not a whole lotta early memories but up until I was about four I thought my name was:

GET-OUT-OF-THE-WAY