Kit Kat Chocolate Recall

Started by Lise, Mar 31 07 07:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Great. Something else to look out for. Don't be eating  your Kit Kat this Easter.   [H3]Nestle recalls Caramel Kit Kat Chunky[/H3] [P class=timeStamp]Updated Fri. Mar. 30 2007 8:38 PM ET

[P class=storyAttributes]Canadian Press

[!-- dateline --]TORONTO[!-- /dateline --] -- Nestle Canada is warning chocolate fanciers not to eat their Caramel Kit Kat Chunky bars.

The company issued a voluntary recall of the popular candy bar after learning that some packages may contain hard pieces of plastic

Caramel Kit Kat Chunky is the only product affected by the recall -- other varieties in the Kit Kat line are fine.

Stores across the country are being asked to pull the bars bars from their shelves.

In a statement Friday, the company called the recall a precautionary measure.

No injuries have been reported.

The Canadian Food Inspection Agency will be monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.

For more information, consumers and industry can call one of the following numbers:

[UL] [LI]CFIA at 1-800-442-2342/TTY 1-800-465-7735 (8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET, Monday to Friday).  [LI]Nestle Canada at 1-866-891-0561 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET.[/LI][/UL] [A href="http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20070330/chocolate_recall_070330/20070330?hub=Canada"][FONT size=1]http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20070330/chocolate_recall_070330/20070330?hub=Canada[/FONT][/A]

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

pitbullca.bc

thank you lise...the product posted here..has already  been pulled locally..but hey...I heard today...that Alpo?  I think...also had a recall...could just be small town gossip...just curious though.

kitten

Is Alpo made by Purina?  If so, yes it was.  I looked up recalled pet food on Google, but I think I saw Alpo on MSN news.  Is that what you feed your dog(s)?
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

pitbullca.bc

thank god no...pedigree for my pups.  Though...was entertaining the thought of mixing...mixing french fry with salad..and thank god I didn't.  I don't like the thought of my purchase being the demise of my mutts.

kitten

I was very worried about the chicken in gravy for cats until I saw that Purina wasn't on the list.  It would break my heart to lose my cat.  He's still a young cat with a lot of lives left in him.

pitbullca.bc

my cat that I used to have..takes a special place in my heart..unfortunately..I couldn't teach him...as I would my children..the dangers of crossing the street after looking both ways.  Miss my baby..even to this day.  It has been...6 years approx..that I buried my feline friend..and I use friend in the context that it was meant for..

kitten

Last year I had to have my cat put to sleep.  It was horrible to come home to an empty house so in a couple of days I got another cat from the S.P.C.A. through Petcetera.  He helped ease the pain, and he is a beautiful cat.  I'll always miss my other cat, but knowing I've saved another cat feels good.  My apartment isn't empty any more.

pitbullca.bc

I would agree with that..but switch it...with pitbulls.  As evil as they may sound..they are human like...if only peeps could see it.