* Abandoning the Raging Poodle! account *

Started by Mooolah!, Mar 31 07 01:23

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Raor

Welcome to BS!  The shittiest [span style="text-decoration: underline;"]Mess[/span]age bored in Seattle. :)

P.C.

I'm sorry to see you go mr. pomegranate.   [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/traurig/a010.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Raor

Teh Kittenz sayz:  "f*ck you!
Beulah! rocks!!!!"

ForShure

TehBorken wrote:

[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"]P.C. mentioned that she didn't feel much like participating anymore because of your hateful attacks and childish language. So I thought to myself, "[/SPAN][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-STYLE: italic"]Who should leave? The person that everyone likes (P.C.) or you, the trouble-making, basement-dwelling a**hole?[/SPAN][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"]" [/SPAN][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"]Like I said, it was an easy decision, especially after I got about 100 PMs from [/SPAN][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-STYLE: italic"]other [/SPAN][SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"]people asking me to ban you. [/SPAN][img style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" src="/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/14.gif" border=0]
[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"] [/SPAN][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"][BR style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"]Aren't mods supposed to be able to handle the fire and poop whether from registered posters or unregistered trolls?  Seems PC should re-think why she's a mod in the first place, and realize hateful attacks and childish language are part of the forum territory.  Surely she as a mod/administrator could have simply deleted those hateful attacks against her, and carried on without the need to come to you and complain she didn't feel like participating any more because some people posted mean things about her?

100 PMs from other people asking you to ban Raging Poodle?  Where they 100 PMs from the same person or 100 different people?

Lise

You want to add ammo to Raging Poodle's "Oh so, now you're a mod, you can just delete my comments whenever" crap? We could do all that, it's true. Trouble is, people like Raging Poodle would just take that to heart and twist whatever we do.

We've put up with a lot of crap from Raging Poodle, ignoring his antics doesn't seem to work. He just happened to cross that line. If two forums have banned his 'user' name, shouldn't that tell you something about him?

We have weathered the likes of JGG, we will endure the likes of Raging Poodle.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Aren't mods supposed to be able to handle the fire and poop whether from registered posters or unregistered trolls?  

Yes....there's definitely some truth to that.

Seems PC should re-think why she's a mod in the first place, and realize hateful attacks and childish language are part of the forum territory.  

True again....I did re-think.  

Surely she as a mod/administrator could have simply deleted those hateful attacks against her, and carried on without the need to come to you and complain she didn't feel like participating any more because some people posted mean things about her?

I'm 100% positive that deleting would have led to an equally angry outcome.  There is nothing written anywhere here that says that I went to TB to complain.  I believe that was Moo's interpretation.        

ForShure

Lise wrote:

You want to add ammo to Raging Poodle's "Oh so, now you're a mod, you can just delete my comments whenever" crap? We could do all that, it's true. Trouble is, people like Raging Poodle would just take that to heart and twist whatever we do.

I thought there were explicit rules on DS that say "You agree, through your use of the WebRingo forum, that you will not post any material which is false, [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffbf"]defamatory[/FONT], inaccurate, [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffbf"]abusive[/FONT], vulgar, [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffbf"]hateful[/FONT], [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffbf"]harassing[/FONT], obscene, profane, sexually oriented, [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffbf"]threatening[/FONT], invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law."  Plus "The staff and the owner of this forum [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffbf"]reserve the [/FONT][FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffbf"]right to remove objectionable content[/FONT], within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary."

We've put up with a lot of crap from Raging Poodle, ignoring his antics doesn't seem to work. He just happened to cross that line. If two forums have banned his 'user' name, shouldn't that tell you something about him?

I can understand that, but you also are banned from DV and that doesn't say anything about you, right? For obvious reasons the name-changing thing over at DV was a personal vendetta by the web-site administrators, which also seems to be the case here too.  I just thought instead of stooping to the level of DV's infantile administrators, the DS administrators could have risen above the Moo situation and handled the situation a better way.  

TehBorken

ForShure wrote:[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"][/span]
Aren't mods supposed to be able to handle the fire and poop whether from registered posters or unregistered trolls?  

Yes, but there's nothing that says they have to take an unlimited amount of shit. Why should they? Why should they be served up as free targets for every transient a**hole with a keyboard?

Surely she as a mod/administrator could have simply deleted those hateful attacks against her, and carried on without the need to come to you and complain she didn't feel like participating any more because some people posted mean things about her?

1) No, because as P.C. pointed out it would have only given Poodle-Boy more things to complain about. Since most of his little panty-wetting fit concerned her it would have played right into his hands if she had. I think P.C. made a wise decision not to delete them and to let me try to talk some sense to him instead. It showed a lot of restraint in my opinion.

2) P.C. didn't come complaining to me. I saw what was going on. P.C. never, and I mean never asked or suggested that Poodle-Boy be banned or even disciplined; she simply mentioned that she was not all that interested in participating here anymore based on his behavior and the asinine things he was saying.

[p style="font-style: italic;"]100 PMs from other people asking you to ban Raging Poodle?  Where they 100 PMs from the same person or 100 different people?[/p]No, there weren't 100, but I did get about a dozen from various people suggesting that Moo- I mean "Poodle-Boy" be banned. I had PM'd him and asked him to cool it for a while and then I asked him publicly to let go for a bit. When he didn't, I put 48-hour ban on his name.

So, I ask you: what should I do- let one f*ckhead ruin it for everyone? Let one dipstick run wild, abuse people, turn this place into a shitfest, and do nothing? Is that what you want to go on here?  

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

TehBorken

ForShure wrote:
 I thought there were explicit rules on DS that say "You agree, through your use of the WebRingo forum, that you will not post any material which is false, [font style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 191); font-style: italic;"]defamatory[/font], inaccurate, [font style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 191); font-style: italic;"]abusive[/font], vulgar, [font style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 191); font-style: italic;"]hateful[/font], [font style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 191); font-style: italic;"]harassing[/font], "<snip>

Yes, that's part of the TOS. But honestly, do you think that removing his posts would have prevented M00lah from having a whole 'nother hissy-fit, complaining about his non-existent "right to free speech" and being "censored", etc etc etc?  I don't. It would have just given him something new to complain about. I'm not into that game.

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:  I'm 100% positive that deleting would have led to an equally angry outcome.  

Same here. Absolutely, without a shred of doubt.

There is nothing written anywhere here that says that I went to TB to complain.  I believe that was Moo's interpretation.[/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"]
For the record, P.C. did not come to me and complain. That's Poodle-Boy's spin on it but it's flat-out not true.

[/div]  [/p] [div]

P.C.

I can understand that, but you also are banned from DV and that doesn't say anything about you, right? For obvious reasons the name-changing thing over at DV was a personal vendetta by the web-site administrators, which also seems to be the case here too.  I just thought instead of stooping to the level of DV's infantile administrators, the DS administrators could have risen above the Moo situation and handled the situation a better way.

Well ForShure.....I suppose there are any number of ways that things can be handled.  But if the way you handle everything is under constant scrutiny and nothing is acceptable (to one or two people only) it's difficult to know exactly what should be done next.  It starts to become apparent with some people that you will never be able to do anything that satisfies them.  

It needs to be understood that Moo-lah didn't get banned because of P.C.  Moo-lah got banned because of Moo-lah.

I'm wondering what your solution would have been.    

TehBorken

I just thought instead of stooping to the level of DV's infantile administrators, the DS administrators could have risen above the Moo situation and handled the situation a better way.

Well...like how? How would you have handled this whole thing? Specifically, what would you have done differently?

ForShure

P.C. wrote:
  I'm 100% positive that deleting would have led to an equally angry outcome.

You could be right that deletion of Moo's posts might have resulted in an equally angry outcome, but hey, that's the way things go when one is a mod, and even the great Moo would have to eventually accept and concede.  

TB had said in his earlier post (reply #27) you mentioned that you didn't feel much like participating anymore because of Moo's hateful attacks and childish language.  I misconstrued that as meaning you complained to him in private, and I didn't realize it was a public post as TB just said (reply #40).

TehBorken wrote:

Well...like how? How would you have handled this whole thing? Specifically, what would you have done differently?

That's a tough question.  I think first of all I wouldn't have complained about his regular rants about DV and recreating his threads/posts from there.  I was reading Moo's past posts, and it seems there have been some comments from the administrators on the way Moo kept bringing the drama from DV over to DS, especially with the recent Beaulah the Poodle drama, and the posters picked up on that so they joined in which might have lead to the current situation.  

Correct me if I am wrong, but it just seems Moo doesn't get on his soapbox unless it is a mod/administrator thing and feeding into that whether it is justified or not adds more fuel to the fire.  I would have just ignored him whenever he did his soapbox thing, and if people complained there was too much DV drama on DS, who was it that said, if you don't want to read about something then don't click on the thread or comment about it?. I also wouldn't have done the name change thing.  Lead by example, no?  Omg, did I just quote a DV rule here?  

Moo seems to have been a pretty good poster until about March 18 or so, then he kind of went downhill from there.  I can understand it can be tough to ignore someone like him when he is on  his DV soapbox, especially when people consider DS their refugee or escape from the cesspool that is DV.   I also can understand people wanting DS to be nothing about DV, but when just about everyone here is from DV it is impossible that DV won't be a regular topic.  

Well, no worries now, DS got what it wanted; getting rid of a long-time DS member that just happened to complain a wee bit much about the "dark side.".  Even though I don't care much for the cesspool that is DV, at least the mods there can handle the fire and poop and pretty much stay out of the drama.  

Omg again, did I actually give the DV mods a compliment?    

X

Good on ya TB by weeding out the trash. You essentially killed THREE birds with one stone.  
X MARKS THE SPOT

HerFours

Saying that Raging Poodle! is a long-time DS member that just happened to complain a wee bit much

is like saying that the Pacific ocean can tend to be kind of wet sometimes.

|