* Abandoning the Raging Poodle! account *

Started by Mooolah!, Mar 31 07 01:23

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

It's all pretty easy to sum it up into the Readers Digest version once it's all on the table.

But just for the sake of discussion...if I were Moola h and you were me......this is what would happen right about now.

Jeez ForShure....enough with the pissing and moaning.  I'm sick of your constant nagging and whining.  Are you PMSing or something.  Your constant harrassment is getting on my nerves.  Can you back up those wild accusations with some facts...because I sure can.

Then comes 3 pasted pages of past posts that have nothing to do with the present conversation with the same critique  

Constantly.

Could it have been handled differently....maybe

Could it have been handled better...maybe.  I don't think anyone is claiming otherwise.

All I'm saying, is if you could have handled it better....my hat's off to ya.      
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

TehBorken

ForShure wrote:[strong style="font-style: italic;"]
[/b]You could be right that deletion of Moo's posts might have resulted in an equally angry outcome, but hey, that's the way things go when one is a mod, and even the great Moo would have to eventually accept and concede.  

Yep, but it was done by me, which probably minimized the amount of pissing and moaning he could do. He couldn't really claim it was a personal vendetta against him by a mod since it was me that finally drop-kicked him.

I misconstrued that as meaning you complained to him in private, and I didn't realize it was a public post as TB just said (reply #40).

I really did try to get him to chill a bit, but, as you can see, that wasn't part of his program.

Well...like how? How would you have handled this whole thing? Specifically, what would you have done differently?
[/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"]
That's a tough question.  I think first of all I wouldn't have complained about his regular rants about DV and recreating his threads/posts from there.  

You know, that wasn't really the thing that tipped the balance for me. He was actually welcome to do that. It gave him a place to vent about DV where he couldn't be silenced by the DV admin, and I saw some genuine value in that. No, what tipped it for me was his needless abuse of one of the mods here, for no gain whatsoever. It wasn't funny, it wasn't useful, it wasn't anything, it was just some mean-spirited shit. There was no call for it.

He may have thought this was a court of law where he could slide on a technicality, but that's just not the way I do things. I've always respected the spirit of the law, not the letter of the law, if that makes any sense. His comments wern't in keeping with that concept. Believe it or not, I do have some standards for behavior here....low as they are, he could not or would not meet them. Like I said, I don't expect the mods here to serve as targets- they're regular folks and they deserve some common decency and civility. I didn't see anyone calling him names.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it just seems Moo doesn't get on his soapbox unless it is a mod/administrator thing and feeding into that whether it is justified or not adds more fuel to the fire.

I don't know exactly what his problem is, but I bet it's hard to pronounce.

I would have just ignored him whenever he did his soapbox thing, and if people complained there was too much DV drama on DS, who was it that said, if you don't want to read about something then don't click on the thread or comment about it?.

See above. His never-ending DV saga wasn't the reason for his spanking. (And we did ignore his soapboxing for a couple of weeks, as you pointed out below.)

I also wouldn't have done the name change thing.  Lead by example, no?  Omg, did I just quote a DV rule here?

Well, maybe I'll regret that when I write my memoirs.

Moo seems to have been a pretty good poster until about March 18 or so, then he kind of went downhill from there.

Yup.

I also can understand people wanting DS to be nothing about DV, but when just about everyone here is from DV it is impossible that DV won't be a regular topic.

I have no problem with DV topics being discussed here, I honestly do not care. If people want to come here and rant about DV, that's fine, just like if they want to go to DV and rant about this place. I've no problem with it either way.

Well, no worries now, DS got what it wanted; getting rid of a long-time DS member that just happened to complain a wee bit much about the "dark side.".

Again, that wasn't why he got in trouble. It was his needless, offensive abuse of a mod here. It was a DV-related topic that led to that, but his complaining about DV wasn't really the issue. I don't know how else I can say it.
[/div][div]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

GORDY GAMBINO

IM WITH YOU ON THIS ONE P.C. THIS IS A FUN FORUM NOT TO BE BOGGED DOWN AS IF WE WERE IN A COURT ROOM. AT LAST WE GET RID OF THAT SMITEFUL BITCH RAOR AND HER KITTEN  PICS AND MR. POM WHO REALLY HAD NOTHING TO CONTRIBUTE.  
CAPO DI TUTTI CAPPI

X

P.C. By everyones own standards, they will all think or feel they can do a better job. But really they're just all idiots.    
X MARKS THE SPOT

Lise

ForShure wrote:

I can understand that, but you also are banned from DV and that doesn't say anything about you, right? For obvious reasons the name-changing thing over at DV was a personal vendetta by the web-site administrators, which also seems to be the case here too.  I just thought instead of stooping to the level of DV's infantile administrators, the DS administrators could have risen above the Moo situation and handled the situation a better way.  

I was never banned. I chose not to go in there for reason that I do not care to dredge up. It seems to me, if you don't know my history with DV, I wouldn't be commenting on this issue. And for your information, I was a moderator on DV before crossing over. I was not 'fired', I resigned due to some personal issues. Most of the posters on DS know so I'm not going into that detail.

As for the fact that Mike would choose to write my handler name to something else, well, you have to ask him why he would do that. Not that I care, I don't go into DV any more so he can do whatever he wants. I am a better person for leaving that cesspool and I have no regrets.

As for the choice between Moo and PC, I would pick PC over him anytime, anyday, any manner. She has been an outstanding member, a long-time member of this place (EVEN LONGER THAN MOO) and has contribute far greater than him.

If you know this forum, you would know that DS started from a handful of posters who fled DV for the same attacks that a person like Moo have done. We do not need that kind of crap here nor do we care to entertain the notion of it.

I am all for freedom of speech and the right to speak your mind but when you flame someone on this forum, especially a member who's been here the longest, without thinking of the consequences, without even bothering to care how you can hurt that person emotionally, I say you've overstayed your welcome.

I'm done with my piece. I'm going to bury this mess alongside the Book of Ugly.

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Wow X.  I'm impressed.  Only 17 posts and 20 blessings.  Not bad, not bad.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]  

P.C.

IM WITH YOU ON THIS ONE P.C. THIS IS A FUN FORUM NOT TO BE BOGGED DOWN AS IF WE WERE IN A COURT ROOM.

I agree GG.  (which isn't to say that serious issues can't be discussed as well)  Like exactly how much crust should be trimmed off a cucumber sandwich before the integrity of the sandwich is lost.

See ?  We're open.[/DIV]

Lise

P.C. wrote:
 I agree GG.  (which isn't to say that serious issues can't be discussed as well)  Like exactly how much crust should be trimmed off a cucumber sandwich before the integrity of the sandwich is lost.

See ?  We're open.

Psssst............it only works with the right type of manwich. [/DIV]

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

X

P.C. wrote:
Wow X.  I'm impressed.  Only 17 posts and 20 blessings.  Not bad, not bad.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]

That's surprising considering the long list of enemies I have made.
X MARKS THE SPOT

P.C.

That's true Lise.....I wasn't thinking.  *response to Lise's manwich  

Lise

Is X a bad boy? Not nearly enough but I'll bless you anyways.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Thanks Lise....nicely said.  

The Book of Ugly you say......LOL.  I don't think I've read that one.......well maybe parts of it.  

P.C.

TehBorken wrote:

I don't know exactly what his problem is, but I bet it's hard to pronounce.

Sometimes I'm a little slow.  

[FONT size=5]HAHAHAHAHAAA !!![/FONT]

May I use that?

kitten

Maybe I'm slow, but I can't understand why anyone would want to come onto a forum to insult strangers without any provocation.  Seems pretty crazy to me.  It is easy to debate with someone without trashing them.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

guessed

I am amazed that Raging Poodle was allowed to carry on as long as he did. In my opinion getting rid of him was a great idea. I never understood what his MO was...  

|