Test you memory

Started by Brit_Guy, Mar 30 07 12:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Brit_Guy

Can you think of what was going on in the world & in your lives in the same year as these famous people died?

[ol][li]John F Kennedy 1963[/li][li]Jimmy Hendrix 1970[/li][li]Elvis Presley 1977[/li][li]John Lennon 1980[/li][li]Diana Princess of Wales (Lady Diana Spencer) 1997[/li][/ol]

[ol][li]My sister was born, Buster Edwards masterminded the great train robbery Buckinghamshire, England (2.3 million pounds was stolen)[/li][li]1st family holiday in the United states, Paul McCartney breaks from the Beatles & the Vietnam war still raging on.[/li][li]I was 10 years old and parents took me and my two older sister to my local street party to celebrate the Queens silver Jubilee (25yrs on the throne), Star Wars breaks all box office records.[/li][li]Ronald Reagan becomes Us President, the world waits `Who shot J R' in Dallas Tv Series.[/li][li]My Mother almost dies during an operation, Jacques Villeneuve wins the Formula one Championship & Tony Blair elected Prime minister of England[/li][/ol]  

Lise

Brit_Guy wrote:
Can you think of what was going on in the world & in your lives in the same year as these famous people died?

[OL] [LI]John F Kennedy 1963 [LI]Jimmy Hendrix 1970 [LI]Elvis Presley 1977 [LI]John Lennon 1980 [LI]Diana Princess of Wales (Lady Diana Spencer) 1997[/LI][/OL]   1. I wasn't born then.

2. I wasn't born then.

3. A few years after I was born, he died. (or did he really...............?)

4. I don't know. Probably in school doing questionable stuff.

5. This one I remember, I was in my parents' room trying to figure out what was wrong with the TV when I heard this. I ran out telling my mother and she started to cry because she's such a royal watcher.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Devil

Brit_Guy wrote:

[OL] [LI]John F Kennedy 1963 [LI]Jimmy Hendrix 1970 [LI]Elvis Presley 1977 [LI]John Lennon 1980 [LI]Diana Princess of Wales (Lady Diana Spencer) 1997[/LI][/OL]

1. I wasn't born yet. But I love music so I do know James Brown released 'Live at the Apollo' that year!

2. Still not born yet. But the Beatles broke up. The end of the Flower generation.

3. Not born yet. But come on was 1977 about anything BUT the release of Star Wars?

4. In diapers. Mt. St. Helens blew up. New Wave piles dirt on Disco's grave.

5. Ah, great year. I was finally legal to drink in BC. Gearing up for leaving the folks house and heading to university. The biggest disgrace of the 90s happened in 1997 mind you, the Spice Girls became popular.

Sportsdude

[ol][li]John F Kennedy 1963[/li][li]Jimmy Hendrix 1970[/li][li]Elvis Presley 1977[/li][li]John Lennon 1980[/li][li]Diana Princess of Wales (Lady Diana Spencer) 1997[/li][/ol]
1. dad was in kindergarten, mother was at home
2. have no clue
3. parents in college
4. parents got married
5. I couldn't sleep, I was in 5th grade had the radio on and they broke in with a news bulletin, my british friend was distraught, she needed consoleling

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."