Money, Honey

Started by TehBorken, Apr 02 07 11:36

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Damn, I need to rob a few banks or something.

Let's see...first I'm bidding on some domains over the next few days...big, fat, juicy ones that will probably co$t a $hitload of money.

Then my friend who's a car dealer is taking me down to the "Secret Car Dealer Auction" in Auburn tomorrow to replace my old Jeep Cherokee with a newer one, or something similar, anyway. (My old Jeep is, well, really really old. It's so old, the instruction manual came on clay tablets. The odometer just shows 'LOLOLOLOLOL' on it now.) Thank goodness my insurance costs will go up as well, I'd feel pretty bad if they didn't!

Then I gotta pay my son's orthodontist bill (his orthodontist needs another yacht- the old one got wet or something). Yaaaay. If you ask me, my son doesn't need all those damn teeth. People in Arkansas seem to get by just fine with just one or two.

Then there's a few plane tickets I need to purchase in advance.

So basically by the end of the week I'll be picking up cans and bottles and looking under the couch for spare change. I guess my son's brain operation will just have to wait, lol.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

purelife

awwww...sorry to hear that TB.  Could you take out a personal loan or some sort?

TehBorken

purelife wrote:
awwww...sorry to hear that TB.  Could you take out a personal loan or some sort?

No, I'm just gonna take my gun down to the Stop 'N Rob, then swing by the bank for a quick *cough* withdrawl.

The real problem is that I just have too damn much money and need to rid myself of it.

purelife

hee hee..could I come too?  I could be your side-kick.  Plus, a female distracts others. ;)

TehBorken

purelife wrote:
hee hee..could I come too?  I could be your side-kick.  Plus, a female distracts others. ;)

Then I'd be distracted and probably forget to grab the loot.

purelife

That's why I'm here.  I'd grab it for you. ;)

P.C.

The odometer just shows 'LOLOLOLOLOL' on it now.) Thank goodness my insurance costs will go up as well, I'd feel pretty bad if they didn't!

^^^^^THAT IS HILARIOUS.....Well the whole thing was hilarious.

*I clicked on the Fart Button if that will in any way help with the financial crisis.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
^^^^^THAT IS HILARIOUS.....Well the whole thing was hilarious.
*I clicked on the Fart Button if that will in any way help with the financial crisis.

No, it's only teh Great G00G that helps, but that's okay. I appreciate the thought. And truthfully, I have enough to cover the stuff I'm doing. I'm not a believer in credit or debt.

kingy

you mean you are not making enough ad money from all the hits you received over the weekend with dv being down??

TehBorken

kingy wrote:
you mean you are not making enough ad money from all the hits you received over the weekend with dv being down??

Lol, although there were a lot of hits the last few days, it'll be a looooong time before DS carries it's own weight. Without direct sales you need a hell of a lot of sustained traffic or a very 'clicky' site. DS has a ways to go. The last few days were above average, though.

Seriously, DS wasn't started with the idea of it making any money, I just liked the idea of a "city-centric" website for the Seattle area. It's been a lot of fun so far, maybe someday it'll be a big dawg.

P.C.

umm....^^^that was my attempt at humour.

......and sacrifice. *goofy emote here.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

If we can all help out with TB and click on those ads every now and then we can pay for his son's ortho bills for years to come. Woot!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

the new dating ads move, they give me seizures.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."