Is Progressive Thinking dead in America?

Started by Sportsdude, Mar 10 06 09:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Is Progressive Thinking dead in America?

Yes
5 (71.4%)
No
1 (14.3%)
Everything goes in cycles
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Sportsdude

Is Progressive Thinking Dead in America?[/DIV]Well?[/DIV]Think about it, the courts are conservative, we live in red/blue state america. Your either for or against and the middle ground has disapeared.  People are ignoring the constitution. My state wants to have a state religion. People are banning things. wtf? Don't people understand what the hell they're doing? Apparently not. [/DIV]The country is showing its true colours. Conservatives say they want everyone to be free and yet they want to ban abortion, birth control, ban certain books, seperation between church and state doesn't exist, people are voting on morals instead of whats best for the country.

What the hell happend to my parents generation?[/DIV]What happend to all the protesters from the 70's?[/DIV]When the hell did baby boomers become so conservative?

I've given up. I have always wanted the country to become like europe culturally but I don't see that happening in my lifetime.  I don't want to fight in pointless battles that are not worth anything.    
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

TehBorken

Sportsdude wrote:
Is Progressive Thinking Dead in America?

In a word, "YES".

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

weird al

I don't think it's dead yet by a long shot, but it's under serious attack, as evidenced by the neglect of education under this "education president" with his Orwellian Newspeak "no child left behind" policy, and the proliferation of "faith-based" alternatives to education.

tenkani

Progressive thinking was mugged by Chuck Norris, punched in the junk and then forcibly sodomized with a wine bottle. I hear it's in a coma now and Chuck's got it hanging from a hook in his den.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

kits

Chuck Norris  is my hero!

Does anyone have the link to that Chuck Norris joke site that was posted a few months back?
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

tenkani

Don't know if this is it, but it's the "official" Chuck Norris facts page.[/DIV]For some reason it takes forever to load...probably because everyone wants to know about Teh Chuck    

[A href="http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/"]http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/[/A]
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

Chuck Norris for some reason does radio ads for 'a good republican friend' down here in missouri.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."