Who Quit

Started by P.C., Mar 25 07 08:10

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Who has ever quit a job......and why ?    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

I had to quit two jobs that I could remember.  One as a bookkeeper and the other was a sales associate for a jewelry store.  That was when I was about 18ish.  It was due to personal reasons.

How 'bout you, Ms PC?

Lil Me

I quit a job managing a pub because my paycheques were bouncing and the owners were psycho.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

I've quit my job at least 10 times now but for some reason I keep coming back. Oh well I'm really quiting in July because I'm moving! lol  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

tenkani

Good topic!!

I worked at a veterinarian's office and quit after having to hold a cat and watch it die after he had given it a lethal injection. I would seriously rather clean toilets with my mouth than do that again.  
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

oh gosh your post is giving me flash backs to this Animal Plant show where they had to put this dog to sleep and they showed it.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

No....I've never quit a job before. (Nor have I ever been fired....except for once......sort of.  I was just not asked back in a seasonal job, but the managers who made that decision were canned, so I consider that as not counting....lol)

Hubby has spent the last 4 hours convincing me to quit my job (with good reason....not because he's bossy)  I'm so torn, I don't know what to do.[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c020.gif" border=0]  

purelife

Oh, that's horrible, tenkani.... :(((  

Lil Me

P.C.- I'd quit.  Your happiness is more valuable than a job.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Oh tenkani.....that IS awful.  

That reminds me of a story my mom used to tell me about my dad.  He  got fired from a job at the local pound.  Apparently dad dodged every street where he would see a stray dog and was rather 'inaffective' at his job.  Mom was mad at him for losing the job, but understood he was an extreme animal lover and was simply in the wrong job.  ( this was many many many years ago)  

Lil Me

sweet story.  

P.C.

Things there have become unbearable Lil Me.  I've chatted with a few people about this mess and this is the first time I'm putting it 'out there' because it's taken me a few weeks to come to terms with what's going on there.   It's a job I really love, but the direction it's taken with the new manager is VERY VERY apparent that he doesn't want women there. (and I'm being very kind in that assessment)  

P.C.

Holy....I'm amazed what simply putting this out there has done.  I've been fighting the tears all day which has turned my stomach into a knot.....but hearing your comments has allowed me to let er rip.

*sob[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c020.gif" border=0]

Lil Me

*big hugz*

weird al

Hubby has spent the last 4 hours convincing me to quit my job (with good reason....not because he's bossy)

P.C. - quit. You're better than the environment that your workplace has become. You were looking for a job when you found that one.

They changed.

You didn't.

There are healthy environments out there. You have the right to choose them. If you don't - who does?  

|