Who Quit

Started by P.C., Mar 25 07 08:10

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sawdust

But this is too weird (maybe).  Nobody said a THING.  Is this normal ?   Everybody was on deck today as it was meeting day......all managers and the owners....and not one person even acknowledged the resignation letter.   [/DIV]
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

P.C.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c017.gif" border=0]...... Sawdust
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

don't quit though until you have another job lined up. Tried to keep telling this to my friend and he actually listened to me and then thanked me for saying that because he was looking for a new job for 2 months.  That would have been 2 months of being un-employed, if he just got up and quit first.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

I guess you missed the part where I said "I DID IT" !!!  

That was a huge consideration SD and of course it goes without saying that a great deal of thought went into that.  But it's like saying....don't breathe until there's some cleaner air.

Sportsdude

oh, didn't see that (been busy)

anyway congratulations! Got anything planned?

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Yup.  I plan on destressing for a week or two and to keep my eyes and ears open for any openings.  I gave a 2 week notice.

Lise

Heya PC. Wow. One day of not logging on as often and I'm already missing out on all the action. Congratulations, girl. It does feel good to be rid of a place that does not appreciate you for your talents. I'm sure there will be some other place that will be more than willing to hire you. *hugs!*

As to your original question, I've quit on many dentists, many times. Some were just plain horrible to me and others..... well, their methods and policies did not match with me. What they do to the public was something I could never do. I would never put a patient in that chair knowing that they dentist "cut" corners. e.g. "sterilizing" things that are meant to be used once than thrown out.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Thanks Lise.

That would be impossible to work for someone with those kinds of ethics Lise.  Good on you for sticking to yours.  It really helps to have the luxury of finding a job that's a perfect fit.  Dentistry is such up close and personal work......associating yourself with someone who doesn't take that with the ultimate seriousness wouldn't work for most, but I'm sure there are obviously people out there for whom it's just a paycheque.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c007.gif" border=0]

P.C.

It does feel good to be rid of a place that does not appreciate you for your talents.

I'd have settled for being treated like a person.

Lise

I know exactly how you feel. Some dentists that I work with, they just treat you like a servant or slave. Like they don't care about your feelings or the fact that you're a human being with feelings.

I say, good for you, Ms. PC. Now your workplace will know how it feels like to lose a valuble member of their workforce. Good luck to them trying to find a replacement for you.

Perhaps they will come back and offer you more money and better working environment when they can't find someone else.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I don't think more money would interest me in the least and the only way to a better work environment would be to get rid of the jackasses that are making it stink.

This isn't something that was 'in the air'.  It wasn't an uncomfortable 'feeling' that they wanted the women out of there....they openly said 'WOMEN DON'T BELONG HERE' and have referred to us (the only 2 gals) as the 2 c*nts in the 'workplace'.  Nice.  This was within his first week on the job.  I guess you can say stuff like that when the boss is your buddy.  It's sickening.   I left work everyday feeling sick and every morning going in was the same nausiating feeling.  

Good riddance I say !    

Moolah!

P.C. wrote:
 Of the 2 threads that I believe you are referring to (a combination of 11 pages) I made 5 or 6 posts....all are within topic.....not necessarily in agreement with you...but within topic none the less.  You  feel that way because you are assuming all the anonymous posts are mine.  (all sorts of unfounded allegations ???  You've totally lost me there, but that's ok. I think I'm fine to leave it that way)

Now that you've made YET ANOTHER baseless accusation I must respond:

I'm not "assuming" those retarded anonymous posts are yours. I'm looking at YOUR posts, written under YOUR nickname.

Was there a point in your indicating that those 2 threads were a combination of 11 pages?

The sticky Lunch thread on top of the page is 816 pages long. Why aren't you bitching and moaning about that one also?

I've also looked at your messages in both threads. They were ALL off topic!

You were doing nothing but constantly whining and criticizing my choice of topic. You weren't contributing to the topic itself, but criticizing WHY I chose that particular topic. Is that what you call ON TOPIC message?

In the next few messages, I'll take the time to respond to each and every one of your allegations.

I'll use FACTS to illustrate my points.

And I want to see YOUR FACTS also.

Just because you have an admin status doesn't mean that you're free to pick fights, hijack threads, make trollish comments, piss and moan endlessly about someone's choice of topic, and hurl unfounded accusations at people.

We're going to get to the bottom of this now and I'll figure out exactly what your problem is with me.

*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

P.C.

Raging Poodle....no offense, but I'm really not interested in an itemized list.

Could you PLEASE just stay off my back !!!!!!  

weird al

For Christ's sake Raging Poodle, when are you going to grow up and just give it a rest? Your whiny bullshit is way beyond old. Nobody gives a good goddam about the list of imaginary injustices you feel have been done to you since god knows when. You've got to be the most whiny yapping motherf*cker I've ever heard of.

Nobody cares, Raging Poodle.

Moolah!

You started your harrassment/whining routine on March 22, 2007, 06:05:33 PM:

I wonder where he/she would have gotten the notion that this is enjoyable for us.  The only discussions here about DV are by people from DV and for the most part, for people from DV.  

I ignored this because it was the first in your series of disparaging comments. At the time I thought "Ok, that's her opinion" and left it at that. Maybe it was a my mistake, because you didn't stop there:

On March 23, 2007, 08:45:31 PM, you continued harping on the same point in another thread: You're right Raging Poodle...this isn't DV.  So why are you so intent on bringing all DV's problems HERE?  I understand you're not happy with how things are going over there....but is it really fair to bring it all HERE to hash it out?  Pages and pages of pasted issues you want sorted out, but you're trying to sort it out with the wrong people.  No?

If you haven't figured out already, 98% of people on DS ARE from DV. Even YOU are from DV. You used to post there before you got banned. Just remember the good ol' days PC...

So what happens on DV does affect DS. Tenkani had already pointed that out to you, so I didn't feel the need to repeat it. But you didn't "get it".

I let that go also.

Now that I'm responding to your criticism, I should mention that I'm not bringing DV's problems here. I'm discussing what's happening there.

Just like I'm free to discuss what's happening in Somalia or Iraq, I should be free to discuss what's happening on DV.

If I made a couple of threads on either Somalia or Iraq, are you going to be nagging me about bringing the problems in those places to DS?

Are you going to be whining and bellowing endlessly about how there're no Somalis or Iraqis on DS, how we're the wrong crowd to be discussing these matters, and that it's not really fair to hash out their problems on DS?

>Pages and pages of pasted issues

^ What on earth are you referring to here? Are you talking about my resurrected thread?

I resurrected a DV thread in 3 DS messages because I hit the maximum number count. I could've done it in 1 message if I had enough room.

Was that too much for you also? Just 3 messages. Too much for PC...

I realize you've been under pressure lately, but how fair is it for you to be taking your nerves out on me?

I'm not your doormat, PC.

I'll continue addressing your accusations in the next message.

*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

|