Who Quit

Started by P.C., Mar 25 07 08:10

Previous topic - Next topic
|

seeker

I will keep you in mind when we get to that point!  

Moolah!

P.C. wrote:
 No....I've never quit a job before. (Nor have I ever been fired....except for once......sort of.  I was just not asked back in a seasonal job, but the managers who made that decision were canned, so I consider that as not counting....lol)

Hubby has spent the last 4 hours convincing me to quit my job (with good reason....not because he's bossy)  I'm so torn, I don't know what to do.[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c020.gif" border=0]

So I take it this was the REAL reason why you've been UNCHARACTERISTICALLY trollish in my threads in the past few days, pissing and moaning all the time, threadjacking big time and making all sorts of unfounded allegations?

Bad girl...

You should've created this thread sooner. I was about to shit on you big time for being such a nag.

As it turns out, something has been bothering you...

But unlike you, if I write here I'll be making ON TOPIC comments and not necessarily criticize your choice of subject matter:

I've been in an environment opposite to yours. All female staff.

This was never openly expressed but you could feel that men were unwelcome there.

You could also feel how 1-2 particular individuals were intensifying the toxic atmosphere with their attitudes.

I never got to work there full time, and looking back I feel that was the best thing that could've happened.

If you're feeling unwelcome, and if your perception is correct, either you can choose to prove that you're being discriminated based on your gender (uphill battle, but could be financially rewarding in the end), or just move on and find an environment where you'll be more welcome.

*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

Gopher

I've left two jobs, both times due to inefficiency of middle-management. On both occasions I bit the bullet for about a year, until I eventually realised that it was a case of leave or die.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

So I take it this was the REAL reason why you've been UNCHARACTERISTICALLY trollish in my threads in the past few days, pissing and moaning all the time, threadjacking big time and making all sorts of unfounded allegations?

Of the 2 threads that I believe you are referring to (a combination of 11 pages) I made 5 or 6 posts....all are within topic.....not necessarily in agreement with you...but within topic none the less.  You  feel that way because you are assuming all the anonymous posts are mine.  (all sorts of unfounded allegations ???  You've totally lost me there, but that's ok. I think I'm fine to leave it that way)

Anyways....back on topic.  I printed up my resignation letter this morning !!!!  I already feel a heap has been lifted off my shoulders.  Now all I need to do is make sure I've got the guts to plop it on his desk today.  This is a good day to do it, as it's 'meeting day'.

Thanks for the assistance with the resignation letter weird al....lol.....With a few minor tweeks, it was perfect........and for everybody's helpful stories.  

I have butterflies in my stomach.      
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

I've left two jobs, both times due to inefficiency of middle-management. On both occasions I bit the bullet for about a year, until I eventually realised that it was a case of leave or die.

I think that's what I've been doing too Gophie.  I knew a long time ago that this was going nowhere fast.  And now ????  I'm nowhere.  Amazing how 'all consuming' it is when you're unhappy at work.

So I trust both decisions were good ones ?[/DIV]

Lil Me

Here's some bad job-related humour for you, P.C.  Hope all goes well with you today!!!

From Overheard in Vancouver
 [table id="itemcontentlist" style="border-top: 1px solid rgb(153, 153, 153); clear: both; padding-top: 0.5em;"]  [tbody] [tr xmlns=""] [td style="margin-bottom: 0px; lineh-eight: 1.4em;"] [h2 style="margin: 1em 0px 3px; font-size: 18px; lineh-eight: 115%; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif;"][a href="http://feeds.feedburner.com/%7Er/Overheardinvancouver/%7E3/104306073/"]Fight  Club[/a] [/h2] [h3 style="margin: 9px 0px 3px; font-size: 13px; color: rgb(85, 85, 85); lineh-eight: 140%; font-family: Georgia,Helvetica,Arial,Sans-Serif;"][span]Posted:[/span]  25 Mar 2007 11:31 AM CDT[/h3] [div style="margin: 0px; font-size: 13px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); lineh-eight: 140%; font-family: Georgia,Helvetica,Arial,Sans-Serif;"] Two construction workers overheard on the #160 bus from Port Moody,[/p] [blockquote] Worker #1: He made $1,300 last cheque, but he hates it.[/p] Worker #2: He's making soap?[/p] Worker #1: Yeah, but in big batches. It's hard work. He has to carry around  100-pound bags and he always ends up smelling like a girl and has sparkles all  over his body.[/p] Worker #2: Oh, man, that's just an automatic reason to rip on the  guy.[/p][/blockquote][/div][/td][/tr][/tbody] [/table]  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

LOL....that's cute ! [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]

P.C.

I have to leave in 10 minutes or so and I notice I'm developing the shakes. I don't GET the shakes.  

This is weird.

Sportsdude

are the locals moody in port moody?  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Death To Moolah

Raging Poodle! wrote:

[font style="color: rgb(0, 0, 191);" size="5"]
YOU ARE SUCH AN a**hole, Raging Poodle. YOU ARE THE BIGGEST, STUPIDEST a**hole IN THE WORLD. HOW DARE YOU SAY THIS KIND OF CRAP TO P.C.???

YOU'RE A DICK AND I'M GOING TO REGISTER JUST SO I CAN SMITE THE CRAP OUT OF YOU, YOU IGNORANT a**hole.
[/font]

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
I have to leave in 10 minutes or so and I notice I'm developing the shakes. [strong style="font-style: italic;"] I don't GET the shakes[/b].

Hang in there, P.C. This will all work out.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Hi, Jack!

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I couldn't help notice a big steaming heap of Raging Poodle in the roadway. Don't step in this stuff, its worse than dogshit. So Raging Poodle was going to give P.C. shit for being a nag?

If anybody can give shit, it's the boy Raging Poodle. He's got a lot to spare because he's so full of it.

Raging Poodle! wrote:

How does he not see that this ^ applies only to him? Is he blind? How does he  manage to shave every other morning?  Does he have to stand on a stack of phone books to look in the mirror? How can he stand to look in the mirror anyway?

Bad girl...

The pot ^ calling the kettle black.

You should've created this thread sooner. I was about to shit on you big time for being such a nag.

Raging Poodle, the nag extraordinaire, calling P.C. a nag! Is the boy on drugs?!!! If not. he ought to be, maybe some nice antipsychotic meds.  Moo, look outside the window. There's a short bus pulling up. Get in. You need help. You need to get well.

As it turns out, something has been bothering you...

But unlike you, if I write here I'll be making ON TOPIC comments and not necessarily criticize your choice of subject matter:

Well, you are writing here, you sad sack of donkey shit. How did you not notice that?

I'll be making ON TOPIC comments. Yeah, when does that start?

Oh, here, ok then

I've been in an environment opposite to yours. All female staff.

This was never openly expressed but you could feel that men were unwelcome there.

Not surprising, if Moo was one of the "men"

You could also feel how 1-2 particular individuals were intensifying the toxic atmosphere with their attitudes.

Any guesses as to who the "1-2" toxic individuals might have been?

Boy Raging Poodle, you useless, self-absorbed toxic narcissist, garbage like you should be ground up, liqefied and sprayed over the pine-beetle infested areas. Maybe then you might finally prove useful.  

Russ

Sorry I missed this earlier PC..

Good luck and enjoy the handing in of your letter!
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

I must admit that both times I walked out of jobs I did have regrets afterwards -  however in both instances they were regrets that I'd not left earlier. Once away, it all seemed such an easy thing to do. I felt as though I were a soul released from purgatory.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

I DIT IT !!!!!

But this is too weird (maybe).  Nobody said a THING.  Is this normal ?   Everybody was on deck today as it was meeting day......all managers and the owners....and not one person even acknowledged the resignation letter.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/traurig/a015.gif" border=0]

|