Who Quit

Started by P.C., Mar 25 07 08:10

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Thanks Mr Pom.  I KNOW that, but there are so many other circumstances in play here.  I love the job.....I love the people I deal with on a daily basis.  I like everything about it except for the toxic atmosphere the new manager (and all his buddies he's hired) are creating.

I have actually worked for myself for many years.  That has it's own stresses for sure....but at least when you analyze them.....they are usually a wake up call to correct something in yourself.  (my biggest issue was structuring my own time)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Again Lil Me.  SO true. Some men think they need to fix every problem we present, when sometimes all we need is an ear and some support.

I think this has gone beyond that and he is doing his level best to not be pushy....but emphatic, that it's not a healthy place to be.  And he's right.

*and I'm a big chicken and he knows that too.  He was just trying to ensure that if it was just about a lost paycheque.....to not let that factor into my decision.  Bless his cotton socks......that does take a lot of pressure off.

Lil Me

you've got a great guy, P.C.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

I do !

OK....now that you have all made me feel better on my self serving thread....I really DO want to hear your stories.

*I'll just get a hefty bag for all my tissues.

Lil Me

When I was about to quit the pub job, I spent all night on the phone talking to my friend's roommate.  Friend wasn't home, so I spilled my guts to the roommate- and she convinced me to quit.

Saaaay.  You don't have an Uncle Vinnie, do you?  That would make things easier- Uncle gives the azzhats an offer they can't refuse, they pack up and leave, and you keep your job!!!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

LOL Lil Me.  I've had a lot of offers....believe me.  

I'm surprised that I DO feel so much better.  I have my letter of resignation  ready for tomorrow.

*exhale.....[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/traurig/a010.gif" border=0]

Lil Me

kewl!  *dance dance dance*

Seeker

I have quit many, many jobs and have rarely, if ever, looked back. I see it as part of my career evolution. Plus, no one needs to work in an unsatisfactory atmosphere any more. Your life is more important than that. I know its hard for people who are lifers in certain jobs, my mom was at a company for about 15 years (!) which is amazing to me, and shocking...it was very hard for her to leave but the stress wasnt worth it. Unfortunately, until i find another line of work I just keep leaving jobs because I get so bored...I would love to have a job i enjoy. I have also had my own biz and will probably do that again, there is nothing like being self employed. Yup.  

P.C.

Good perspective seeker.  I know that's the key....to find a job that you enjoy doing.  (that's where my stumbling block comes in.....I DO enjoy this one)

So are you self employed at the moment?

weird al

I think the best resignation letters are short and to the point. Here's a good one to keep handy:

"Dear" "sir":

This is to inform you that I am hereby giving two weeks' notice, retroactive to two weeks ago. Eat shit you f*ckers!

Thank you.

P.C.

LOL weird al.

Actually it's very similar to that......minus the menu suggestion.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]

seeker

P.C. wrote:
Good perspective seeker.  I know that's the key....to find a job that you enjoy doing.  (that's where my stumbling block comes in.....I DO enjoy this one)

So are you self employed at the moment?

No, I am back in a holding pattern for now at a full time job. My current job is serving the purpose of paying off some bills..I am preparing to move to the island. I am definitely planning to become self employed again in the future though. Great fun! Anyway, good luck with your resignation, I know, its always hard in some way even if you need to leave...

P.C.

The Island is great....especially if you're into anything in the artistic world.  It's lacking in some of the 'night life' activities, but has many other things to offer to those looking for something other than that.

Best of luck in finding what you're looking for.

seeker

Thanks! Yes, my husband and I are both quite creative so we hope to put our heads together and start a biz again soon using all the skills we have both gathered in our respective jobs over the years (none of it is ever a waste)! We arent really nightlife people and look forward to Island living!  

P.C.

Well if you're looking for employees................[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]

|