Tell me something I didn't know...

Started by WS, Mar 25 07 04:14

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

It's really a classy design.  I guess it was actually placed ON the vehicle?  (I wonder if they have a V4.....lol)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

WS

Yup, the grille was usually a popular place for emblems like that on the old cars.  That's so your neighbour knew that your car was better then his!  See, not much has changed...  BTW, I double checked, and the design actually originated in the 1930's.  Next time I'll do my homework first!  
Nothing gold can stay.

P.C.

Ahhhh....so this would have belonged to Mr. Jones.

So now you've told me something I didn't know.

WS

Exactly.  But when Mr. Jones didn't keep it locked up, along came Bonnie & Clyde.  It was their stolen car of choice.  They even wrote a letter to Ford praising the virtues of 'owning' such a fine car...  
Nothing gold can stay.

P.C.

GET OUT !!!!!   Really ???  

Wow....some people got more nerve than virtue.

So tell me something more I didn't know.  (shouldn't be terribly hard...lol)

*edit.....nice average WS.  4 posts.....4 karmas  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c014.gif" border=0]  

GORDY GAMBINO

YOU GOT A KARMA FROM ME AS I OWN A FORD V8. AN LTD AND IT'S A GREAT CAR.
CAPO DI TUTTI CAPPI

WS

Mr. Henry Ford
Detroit Mich.

Dear Sir:-
    While I still have got breath in my lungs I will tell you what a dandy car you make.  I have drove Fords exclusively when I could get away with one.  For sustained speed and freedom from trouble the Ford has got every other car skinned and even if my business hasen't been strictly legal it don't hurt anything to tell you what a fine car you got in the V8.
    Yours truly
    Clyde Champion Barrow

I pulled up the letter.  Of course my Ford only has four cylinders, as I can't justify spending substantial amounts of my earnings fueling up.

Nothing gold can stay.

WS

Nothing gold can stay.

P.C.

That is amazing WS.  I've never heard of this bit of trivia before.  Interesting stuff.  

So yer a Ford Boy....lol    

WS

I'll tell ya something else I know.  There's certain individuals that take Web Forums far too seriously.  It's as if there's an underlying mental illness that's the root cause of their strange behaviour.  Borderline Personality Disorder, perhaps?  Usually they get banned sooner or later, but it's almost interesting to catch an inner glimpse of the methods of their madness while the opportunity presents itself.  
Nothing gold can stay.

kitten

To me they just seem irrational and annoying when they try to create dissention.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

|