Major DV announcement mods WANT you to see

Started by Moolah!, Mar 23 07 02:29

Previous topic - Next topic
|

lurker

You guys are hijacking this thread...the shits gonna hit the fan!

hijacker

All right. Nobody moves, nobody gets hurt. You, lurking over there! Hands over your head. What, what are you doing? That's not your head!

P.C.

It's one thing to hijack a thread.....but it seems to me that it's over the top to hijack a forum.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

lurker

Who is trying to hijack the forum....?    

Hear Hear!

It's one thing to hijack a thread.....but it seems to me that it's over the top to hijack a forum.

Like my mother used to say... If you can't say anything nice say it on DV.

Cheers & Happy thoughts to all.

tenkani

Raging Poodle, you're free to try to impose your will on this thread, and others are free to tell you to get over yourself. How would I feel if someone hijacked my thread? When I posted on DV it happened CONSTANTLY. I love that shit. The only time static really got to me was when someone got ahold of my home phone # and called me up from Canada. That cut a little too close to the bone. Otherwise, this is the Net and getting too hung up on ownership of the "airwaves" will only drive you crazy in the end.  
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

mr pomegranate

tenkani said:

Don't mix flaming and stalking in the same sentence for instance. Flaming is an integral part of the beauty of DV. Stalking is a loaded word...man I don't know why he went there.

I will tell you why I went there... this issue was about stalking, not real life of course, but harrassing posts in multiple threads every single day, many posters follow others into multiple threads whenever they post, change the subject, and insult every day continually... that is what I was trying to stop, maybe I was wrong in thinking that was a problem.

anyways, I don't really need the headache, and am quitting as a moderator

oH!

Incredible the impact one little twit can have on so many.  Don't do it Mr. Pom.

Moolah!

mr pomegranate wrote:
 I will tell you why I went there... this issue was about stalking, not real life of course, but harrassing posts in multiple threads every single day, many posters follow others into multiple threads whenever they post, change the subject, and insult every day continually... that is what I was trying to stop, maybe I was wrong in thinking that was a problem.

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffbf"]anyways, I don't really need the headache, and am quitting as a moderator[/FONT]

I was expecting this.

I hope you got a chance to follow this thread and some of my comments, before shitheads hijacked it.

(See [A href="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php/topic,4490.msg69823.html#msg69823"]http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php/topic,4490.msg69823.html#msg69823[/A] and the intro to it a few messages earlier, if you haven't already)

The stalking and harrassment you're referring to ARE real issues, esp. on DV.

However mods need to have a unified strategy in dealing with such issues, instead of certain mods' taking advantage of their position (and lack of competent supervision) to satisfy their personal vendettas.

That's why once in a while I alluded to what I saw was happening, but of course it would be quickly hushed, deleted, and swept under the carpet.

[/DIV][/DIV]I know you didn't want to be in this position. You found yourself without a choice. You were cornered into it.

*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

Moolah!

tenkani wrote:
Raging Poodle, you're free to try to impose your will on this thread, and others are free to tell you to get over yourself. How would I feel if someone hijacked my thread? When I posted on DV it happened CONSTANTLY. I love that shit. The only time static really got to me was when someone got ahold of my home phone # and called me up from Canada. That cut a little too close to the bone. Otherwise, this is the Net and getting too hung up on ownership of the "airwaves" will only drive you crazy in the end.  
   Tenkani, shut the f*ck up please.

Create a new thread titled "Oh how I hate Raging Poodle!'s threads" instead of constantly hijacking this one, and invite PC there.

So the two of you can bitch and moan till the cows come home, ok?

md

[table style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica; font-size: 10pt; color: midnightblue;" id="Table2" border="0" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="1" width="100%"][tbody][tr bgcolor="gainsboro"][td style="font-weight: bold;" align="left" valign="top"]                   modulusruptura                                  [/td]                [td colspan="2"]                   [img]http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/icon_posticon.gif" alt="" title="" border="0" height="15" hspace="3" width="15"]                   [font size="1"]Posted - 3/23/2007 11:54:31 PM[/font]                   [hr noshade="noshade" size="1"]                    no hard feelings with anyone here, I have decided that I will move on to other endeavours

best wishes to all here

it's been fun :)[/p]                    [/td][/tr][/tbody][/table]  

P.C.

Raging Poodle....I'm so sorry I'm not following exactly what your problem is.  Perhaps someone who is informed in what is going on in both forums may have a better perspective.  Not all of us are.

Could you at least try to see how this comes across on DS to those of us who are NOT aware of the goings on on DV.  I have tried to remain civil and perhaps I'm not succeeding as best as I could...but I'm trying.  I don't think I ever had a problem with you before.........   nor do I think you ever had a problem with ME before......   All I ask is that you base your opinions of me on the interactions that have taken place between you and I when you are making your comments about me.

Am I asking too much ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

GORDY GAMBINO

CAPO DI TUTTI CAPPI

Moolah!

Ok, a lot of powertripping going on at DV at the moment... ydv won't even allow me to say good bye to him.

She keeps deleting all my messages. [FONT color=#ff0000]What ever happened to the no deletion rule?[/FONT] But she is keen to leave all the flames directed toward me. Nice job.

Essentially first I had posted a link to my message above with a humorous note saying that although had abandoned me in the past, he was still good in my books.

That was immediately deleted.

Then she deletes this:

Aww ydv powertripping again...?

Deleting all my messages.

You won't even let me say good bye to him?

This was the message you were trying to delete: [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_cool.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]

[TABLE id=Table2 style="COLOR: midnightblue; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica; 10pt: " cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=10 width="100%" border=0] [TBODY] [TR bgColor=#dcdcdc] [TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" vAlign=top align=left]ydvmod[/TD] [TD colSpan=2][/b][/A]

And yes, this one as well as the previous one you were so keen to delete before he got to see, WILL BE resurrected at DS.

mr pomegranate

Raging Poodle, there is no big conspiracy going on, and nothing that ydv is hiding

sometimes in life you just question to yourself about the way you are investing your valuable time as the days go by, and sometimes things happen that help the decision along, and you think to yourself that perhaps the time you have been spending has been a waste....  

|