Sports

Started by Gopher, Mar 20 07 11:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher

Which sports are or were you good at?  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Marik

Football (soccer)... still good at it (not to brag).  

Sportsdude

I played football, basketball, baseball, soccer, tennis, golf
Football: was on a team that was number 1 in state, but got upset in front of 15,000 people on the way to the state championship in the semi-final round.  (We were deemed best team in the state on all school levels) (we were a smaller school)
Basketball: Was asked (but declined) to be on the basketball team that won the state championship (bad move oops)
Golf: I was a notorious bad boy
Tennis: for some reason I could never win
Baseball: Was really good, got on a 'select' team, but burned out.
Soccer: was a defender

University:
Rowing: People apparently fawn over me due to my size

People to avoid at University:
A) The Football coach- I'm done with football, sorry, don't care if I'm the tallest biggest potential student on campus
B) The Basketball coach- see A

Hobbies:
Cycling: I've always been really really good at riding a bike for long distances.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Tennis, table-tennis, sprinting.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Devil

Played hockey...is there other sports? I guess Lacrosse too, but that was to keep me warmed up for hockey.

For leisure, snowboarding, which I gave up hockey to do as much as I can. In the summer, water-skiing. Not a fan of golf.

Baseball?? Come on sports! Oh, I forgot you are American, sportsdude, and they consider baseball a sport??? I never got that one.

(just razzin' ya!)

Sportsdude

lol, yeah I got tired of it, crashed and burned in that sport.  

Devil

Just teasing anyways. Baseball can be fun to play. It is just on TV, it is a bit slow.  I have been to a Mariner game and I wasn't really into it. Safeco is a shuweeeet ball park though!  

Sportsdude

yeah both safeco and the Seahawks stadium's are one of the bests.

Devil

I played soccer too as a youngster. I had a blast even though I was a mediocre player.

purelife

We could always count on SD posting a biography, heh? ;)

Me, it'll be basketball.

Sportsdude

purelife wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]We could always count on SD posting a biography, heh? ;)[/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] Me, it'll be basketball.

LOL!!!!
Good one pl, good one. ;)

You'd be a studess on the basketball court. You would dominate the backboards, able to drive to the hoop and also pull up and shoot the three, ultimate triple threat player. ;)

purelife

LOL!!!!
Good one pl, good one. ;)

I thought that I would get a smite from you for being cheeky. ;)  Darn, I was kinda looking forward to one.  

P.S.  I LOVE basketball!  Wish that I could play it often and wished that I played for SFU's Women's B-ball team!  DARN IT!  REGRETS REGRETS! :P

Sportsdude

You could easily beat me now, haven't picked up a basketball in ages.  Every coach wanted me to be Shaq-like but I was more comfortable shooting threes lol.  

purelife

Who said I'd want to play one-on-one b-ball with you? ;0.  There's no way in hell would I play with a guy who is 10 times taller and bigger than moi.  I'd get freaking crushed AND, it's not FAIR! ;)

Though, OMG, some girls on the b-ball team are freaking HUGE!

Devil

There was also a phase in the 90s, I played 'Bong'.