Tim Horton's Roll Up the Rim

Started by Lise, Mar 20 07 09:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Anyone won anything yet? I won..... nada to date. Sometimes I think I have to buy the big ass cuppa just to get something. Medium size just don't cut it.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Marik

I always wondered if the employees would secretly steal some of the cups to try and win a good prize. Or, they roll up the rim before, and if it says 'sorry try again', they carefully roll the rim back down and give it to customers.

purelife

Hey Marik...long time no see... ;)

I'm pretty sure that you're right about how employees roll it up to check for themselves.  I mean, employees already do this with lotto scratch cards.  They scan every one of them to see if it's a winner and then give that card to their friends and families.  WHAT A SCAM!!  So, someone like you and I will only win like up to 10 bucks or something because all the larger prizes are given away.  That's wrong!

Sportsdude

employees have been and never will be eligible for these types of games and if they pull anything they're fired for breaking their contract.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

That's why they pass it on to their friends!!  Their friends or family's friends can get away with the winnings.  If there's a will, there's a way.

Sportsdude

they can't even do that either. If I worked for Tim Ho's, I'd be disqualified, by mum, dad, sis, grandma, cousin, dog and cat are also disqualified.

Plus it's 'no purchase necessary'

Sportsdude

Here are the rules from the tim horton's website:

HOW TO PLAY
1. TO PLAY: Commencing February 26, 2007, customers at participating Tim Hortons locations in Canada and the States of New York, Ohio, Michigan, West Virginia, Kentucky, Maine, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Pennsylvania (USA) may receive and roll up the rim on specially marked Tim Hortons medium, large and extra large size hot drink take-out contest cups*, while supplies last. Revealed inside the rim will be a "Win" or "Play Again" message. A "Win" message will describe the specific prize available to be won. To claim your prize, refer to instructions which follow, but to be eligible; all prize claims must be received by May 27, 2007, the contest closing date. *NOTE: In the United States, the cup sizes are referred to as "small", "medium", "large" instead of "medium", "large", "extra large" respectively.

2. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PLAY: In Canada, obtain a FREE Tim Hortons contest cup and/or a copy of the official rules, by writing to: Tim Hortons Contest Cup, P.O. Box 9296, Saint John, New Brunswick, E2L 4Y8. In U.S.A., to receive a FREE contest cup and/or a copy of the official rules write to: Tim Hortons Contest Cup, Box 1315, Calais, Maine, 04619-6315.
All requests for a Free Cup must be postmarked by May 5, 2007 and received by May 13, 2007. Limit one request per envelope with sufficient postage, while supplies last. Void in Florida and where prohibited by law. No mechanical reproductions of requests permitted. All requests must include a postage-paid, self-addressed envelope.

CONTEST CUPS
3. A total of 270,237 cases of contest cups have been produced for this contest. These will be available for
distribution through May 5, 2007 or while supplies last, whichever occurs first. It is anticipated, based on estimated
distribution that contest cups will be distributed within 6 regions as follows: APPROX NO. OF CASES
(1000 CUPS PER CASE)
British Columbia: 18,164
AB,SK,MB,YK,NWT: 32,009
Ontario: 152,402
Quebec: 18,044
Atlantic: 38,259
USA: 11,359

14. Employees of, members of the immediate family of, or those domiciled with an employee of The TDL Group Corp., Tim Hortons Advertising and Promotion Fund (Canada) Inc., The THD Group LLC, The Tim's National Advertising Program, Inc., their affiliated or related companies (collectively "Contest Sponsor"), Tim Hortons franchisees, the advertising and promotion agencies of the Contest Sponsor, the independent contest organization and the contest cup suppliers are not eligible to participate. Employees of Tim Hortons franchisees as described in this paragraph are limited to those employees who are providing services in any way to the Tim Hortons Store. "Immediate family" is defined as parents, siblings, children or spouse.

Marik

Hey purelife :)

I'm pretty sure employees still give the winning cups to their friends (they're not disqualified, right?) and they would secretly split the winnings 50/50. Sounds like a good way to get around the system to me...  

Devil

I never go to Tim's. I like Timmy's, but there isn't one in my neighbourhood.

I like their bagels.

purelife

Family are disqualified, that I know, but your friends are not, SD and I'm pretty sure, like Marik has mentioned, that the staff split profits with their close friends.  I know that immediate family of employee is disqualified.  Anyways, thanks for posting the rules.

Lise

Right....... like I really want to read the rules. Sheesh.

How the frack do you roll it back? I have a hard enough time un-rolling it with my teeth plus trying not to spill my hot tea.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

finish the drink before you roll it!!!
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

I've won a free coffee this year.

Free donut last year.

that's IT! boo hoo
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

kingy

someone invented this thing just for people like lise...

[A href="http://www.rimroller.com/"]http://www.rimroller.com/[/A]

you can get one at lee valley. it rolls the rim for you!!

P.C.

That's funny kingy.  We picked up a couple of those at Lee Valley on the weekend.  I have a friend who's a Timmy's fiend.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.