Beaver Tails are delicious!

Started by Lise, Mar 16 07 03:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Honestly. They are soooo goood and so damn loaded with calories. Can someone tell me if they're  a Canadian invention?

Beavertail recipe here: [A href="http://www.razzledazzlerecipes.com/canada/beaver-tails.htm"]http://www.razzledazzlerecipes.com/canada/beaver-tails.htm[/A]        
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

greycat

The first time I had one was at Lonsdale Quay, they have a stand there, unbelievable...I had never even heard of them before.  
It is what it is.

greycat

[font color="#0000ff"][font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="5"]Ottawa's                    Beavertails[/font][/font][/p]                              [blockquote]                                 [/blockquote]                                                      [font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3"]One              particular form of this "bread," adapted from a recipe in              Renfrew County in Ontario, has become very popular at Winterlude,              Ottawa's annual cold weather festival. Indeed Pam [/font][font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3"]and              Grant Hooker's Beavertails are the culinary hit of every winter carnival              in Canada's capital city. The Hookers adapted an old family recipe,              from a grandmother who lived near Medicine Hat, based on a German              dish called [em]Küchl[/em] or [em]Kökle[/em] 'little              cake.'[/font][/p]  
It is what it is.

Hahaha

They're called beaver tails in Canada and elephant ears in the USA.  Nothing but a deep-fried piece of bread dough sprinkled with icing sugar and lemon juice.  Additional toppings optional.  

kingy

i used to have elephant ears at the pne way back when. i dont know any places that have them as a regular menu item.

pitbullca.bc

ahah...and here I was thinking that it was going to be some sort of joke against female genetalia or actual beaver tails...LOL  

Mood Ring

That looks good but needs a little caramel. mmmmmmm

Lil Me

Gopher tails are probably better :)
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein