Major Weakness

Started by Lil Me, Mar 16 07 02:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

What's yours?  Mine is my eyesight.  If these were ancient times, I'd be long dead by now (trampled or eaten).  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Allergies. My nose doesn't stop running in the spring/summer months.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

My eyesight as well.  I'm up in the minus 11/12 for power and extremely high in estigmistm (sp?)

Lil Me

Whoa, PL.  You're like me!  Do you need put on glasses to talk on the phone 1st thing in the am, too?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

I guess my knees.
If I was born in Sparta I would have probably been deemed 'not spartan' enough at birth and killed. (Spartans did that if a baby had deformities or defects or something).

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

tenkani

True! SD would be such a big baby they would know to make armor for him they'd have to stitch two sets together and thus he would be a burden to the spartan military     :(

I have no self control, but thats hard to see when you're looking at a baby so maybe they would have let me live.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

purelife

Talk on the phone in the am?  I don't talk on the phone in the am.

I just put on my contacts.  I wear glasses in the evening to relax my eyes.  :)[/DIV]

Lise

Speaking of contacts, how do you put them on and not blink? I can't do that. It feels too weird. I can't even go for an eye exam without flinching.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Chocolate is my other weakness too.  

My upper body strength is extremely weak...it's embarrassing. :(  but, i'm working on it. :)  

Sportsdude

oh major weakness my vertical is 8 inches.  Which explains why I can't dunk at sea level (went to colorado up into the mountains and I could air is lighter up there)  

purelife

I dunno Lise.  When I first put contacts in, I had no problems and ever since, nothing.  I think that we were meant to be.  And I hated wearing glasses.  I had these gawd-awful glasses my mom thought was nice.   NOT!~  

Sportsdude

ever thought of lasik? My cousin had lasik and he can't believe the results.  

Lise

purelife, glasses or no glasses, I think you're pretty hawt.

I haven't worn any glasses yet, don't need them. Kinda scared because I know I'll need them somewhere down the road.  
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

you're stunning as well Lise :)  

purelife

My coworker brought these magnifying glasses from Costco for cheap.  I had put them on and small words really jumped out at me.  They were awesome. :)  I'll have tell my mom about them because her eyes are starting to strain as well. :)    

I don't think that you'll need heavy glasses like me, Lise, probably -1 or -2 that could be brought from Superstore for under 10 bucks or something.

Lasik?  No, I'm not taking chances and messing around wth my eyes like that EVER!